Gaetz Booted From Committees’ Deposition Of Trump’s Former Russia Adviser | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) was booted from a House interview with President Donald Trump’s former Russia adviser because he was not a member of one of the three committees present.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1255700
3 Likes

So I guess this means the House parliamentarian is a traitor. We need to find out his name and expose him. Why is Schiff protecting him?!! Huh??! Huh??!?

70 Likes

Another stupid stunt by Gaetz. He’s so annoying…

70 Likes

I wonder if Gaetz has a security clearance?
And really what is up with this know nothing, not experienced Congress critter?
Florida, you’re not sending your best. Please keep your “Florida Man” back where he belongs.

48 Likes

@thunderclapnewman, why, exactly, was Gaetz not allowed to be there??? Does it have anything to do with Benghazi? :laughing:

26 Likes

This is highly unusual

Then again, the trouble Trump is in is unusual.

Hence the stooge.

13 Likes

interloper: noun: 1. a person who becomes involved in a place or situation where they are not wanted or are considered not to belong.

42 Likes

Gaetz “attempted to crash today’s deposition despite being ineligible and refused to leave, causing an unnecessary delay in the deposition.”

I’d admire his determination to be there if I thought he had even one useful thing to contribute.

31 Likes

It seems like the Democrats may need to add a few more names to the obstruction of justice section of the impeachment…

This is outright BS, and a naked attempt by the Republicans (Gaetz didn’t do this on his own) to portray the investigation as some secret court out to get Trump. Hearings are held behind closed doors all the time, especially when it’s something sensitive…I suspect Democrats are doing this to try to focus on the investigation and cut down the Republican grandstanding. And, I’m really looking forward to when they decide to publicize all of this, with transcripts, so we can see what fools the Republicans are, followed by the public part of the investigation where they continue to try to defend Trump despite all the awfulness that comes out around this.

72 Likes

Gaetz’s bootlicking has lost my interest. Bring back adorable dopes like Trey Gowdy.

7 Likes

I foresee revelations that he was a frequent guest of Epstein’s or the like to come out in the not too distant future. This guy’s pro-Trump intensity strikes me as motivated more out of fear than ambition.

14 Likes

…accusing Schiff of “trying to run a kangaroo court,"
…Gaetz said, and hopped away.

66 Likes

What, he didn’t bring cookies or at least orange juice?

6 Likes

Not just any kangaroo court, it’s a Captain Kangaroo court.

43 Likes

just another entitled loudmouth who thinks the rules don’t apply to him

32 Likes

“Gaetz, who is not a member of any of those committees, attempted to join the interview and was removed by Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-FL), Gaetz later told reporters.”

You probably meant D-CA(ptain Kangaroo)

7 Likes

Gaetz is a Wallaby anyway, always been jealous of the larger more recognized marsupial.

27 Likes

Yes, a Republican.

44 Likes

When is the Florida Bar Assn.'s investigation of this POS for witness intimidation and tampering with Michael Cohen’s testimony going to be completed? This lowlife thug shouldn’t be a lawyer, much less a member of Congress.

37 Likes

I read that first as “Wannabe” and it works that way as well.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available