Gabbard Sues ‘Political Rival’ Clinton For A Whopping $50 Million

Yet another parallel with the right, quitting when the heat from the grift gets a might too warm.

1 Like

Nope. It’s much harder to prove when the plaintiff is a public official or a public figure, but they can still prevail on the claim if they meet the heightened constitutional standards that apply to them. Off the top of my head, General William Westmoreland beat CBS News pretty for a whole lot of money back in the '80s, for instance.

It’s also a defense against defamation claims brought by public officials/figures, at least in the USA. If I get sued for saying Hillary Clinton cannibalizes children in the basement of Comet Pizza, I will beat that claim if I prove she cannibalizes children.

2 Likes

What grounds is there here for legal action?

“Cutthroat politician.” Guess what, most politicians in national office (not to mention having done time in Little Rock) are cutthroat. And it’s not illegal to be a cutthroat politician. Gabbard ought to know.

“Lost in surprise upsets.” And that is a cause for what kind of action? Even if Hillary comments (factually) that she lost to Putin, not Trump?

“Holds long time grudges.” That one covers a lot of real estate.

Obviously, she’s taking advice from Putin’s lawyers, who don’t realize that unlike the case in Russia, libel actions in the US (a) exclude attacks on public figures based on their public behavior (thus, it is very hard to go after anyone to begin with), (b) needs to show actual malice (good luck), and — bing, bing, bing, bing! — truth is an absolute defense! None of these have historically applied in Putin’s political sphere.

1 Like

30 pieces of silver (probably about an ounce each, about $17.80 this morning or $512.40 in total) doesn’t go as far as it did in Jesus’ and Judas’ day. Who is Tulsi’s financial advisor? Rand Paul?

1 Like

Yes, you go, Gabby. Straight back to Russia.

2 Likes

@steviedee1 but only if she likes beer.

Thanks Bernie!

1 Like

Straight back to her wacky pseudo-Krishna cult in Hawaii. Her guru-dev, Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa, a/k/a Chris Butler is likely to be disappointed in her failure to get his cult recognized as a legitimate Hindu sect. If she’s lucky, he’ll be too distracted making sure that the tinfoil covers every square inch of his walls.

1 Like

He can go ahead and do that if he wants to lose the election big time.

1 Like

A good cry or a good therapist might help. But it’s been three years for you ajm. You have to snap out of it, get a new 2020 inspirational calendar and talk to it every morning. I’m leaving, back in Nov, so maybe that will help.

1 Like

Bernie’s past history remains relevant to this election unfortunately. Bernie still stinks.

1 Like

The Grifter can’t stop griftin!
https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/1/23/21077797/tulsi-gabbard-jack-dorsey-fundraiser-silicon-valley

Because we all knew that accusations of criminal behavior against her were as bogus as they are today against Biden.

Right, he was hoping for the trouble at convention instead of hoping to avoid irreparable damage to our democracy that he knew would be inflicted by Trump. You see it as a feature, I see it as an indictment of Sanders.

Yes, his unsubstantiated slander contributed to the problem. Once again, you see it as a feature, while reasonable people see it as a bug.

Clinton supporters (myself in particular) do not hate Sanders. We just know that President Sanders would be a disaster for this country. A lesser disaster than Trump by orders of magnitude but a disaster nevertheless.
(It’s not even Sanders’ political goals. It is his obvious lack of any ability – or even desire – to run the actuall effective government. For example Warren’s policies would be similar to Sanders and while she is not my preferred candidate at the moment, she would be far from a disaster – unlike Sanders she would be a positive for the country.)

1 Like

Because we all knew that accusations of criminal behavior against her were as bogus as they are today against Biden.

Oh please. You’re really pathetic. “we all knew” the FBI claims against Clinton were bogus.
You didn’t know shit. Nobody did. Plus Comey had it out for her husband. They had history but you I’m sure have no idea what I’m talking about (Marc Rich).

Give it up wo. You got nothin’.

1 Like

Hey @thunderclapnewman :
It’s been a couple, three days but the team and I have finally gotten permission from George to take a closer look into “you know who” :wink::wink: and his ties to certain foreign entities, if and whenever you give us the nod. (I added the :wink: emoji, 'cos that is ALL that was meant to be.) Just let us know if/when you feel any action is necessary. LOL
The HQ Team
SOROS Group International

1 Like

Hmm. If I were that evil Vlad, nothing would make me happier that have a rear-guard action trying to sow confusion and dissension among opponents of his hand-picked President. Tell me: Is your real name Natasia Redemptionsongski of 47 Volgograd Street, St. Petersburg?

And I shouldn’t have to point this out, but Sanders made four times as many appearances for HRC as HRC did for Obama back in '08.

I wouldn’t worry, woland. I doubt Sen. Sanders’ disastrous plan to turn us into a larger version of Denmark - Oh, God, the Humanity! - is unlikely to come to full fruition unless we manage to elect several hundred more progressive congress critters.

I think you stock portfolio will survive.

Well, some Bernie supporters are probably Civil War reenactors, and some probably collect Beanie Babies. Probably, though a plurality of Sanders’ supporters would imagine someone like Elizabeth Warren to be VP. No doubt the majority want him to make a wise decision that would help him win.

One thing you can be sure of, though, is that he won’t cynically choose someone who had a shaky past regarding women’s reproductive freedom as his running mate. You know: Like HRC did when she chose Tim Kaine.
@ajm @thunderclapnewman @daulphin

Given Sanders utter lack of coattails. -’ and he did try in 2018 he.would not have the.ability to enact anything.

Trying to undo the damage the his conduct of his campaign had caused and failing. And most probably bashing the Democratic party at every stop. And resolutely blind to.how a Russian trolls were railing his supporters.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available