Gabbard Sues ‘Political Rival’ Clinton For A Whopping $50 Million

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) sued Hillary Clinton for $50 million Wednesday, claiming that Clinton’s allusion to Gabbard as a “Russian asset” caused the Presidential hopeful “anguish and damage to her reputation.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1286059

This isn’t a law suit, it’s a Fox job application.

93 Likes

Well, Gabbard’s 3rd party run isn’t going to pay for itself.

27 Likes

Someone else that needs a constant reminder that HRC isn’t running in this election.

It’s all for show. The courts will throw it out after laughing in her face.

But her supporters? All in.

ETA: Discovery should be fun.

37 Likes

She’s gone full Nunes! What, pray tell, is her endgame? I wish Hillary would shut up but she was spot on with her Tulsi comments.

14 Likes

You go Gabby!

2 Likes

Out the door, if we have any luck.

18 Likes

You mean 50 million rubles, right?

16 Likes

I was originally guessing it would be a Larry Klayman piece, but it turns out her lawyers are nobody I’ve ever heard of before. Hope they didn’t take this on contingency, unless they’re just in it for the publicity. This is going to get 12(b)(6)'d pretty quickly.

15 Likes

For us non-legal types, this is…??

5 Likes

“Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) sued Hillary Clinton for $50 million Wednesday…”

“Clinton’s attorneys responded to the suit with a statement that read, in its entirety, ‘Ha! PS: Ha, ha’.”

45 Likes

Are we going to be hearing from Tulsi’s cow soon?

31 Likes

pps, you can take your letter and shove it!

h/t Ted Lieu

17 Likes

I’m guessing you mean like this:

13 Likes

Motion to dismiss for failure to state a legally viable claim. Also anti-SLAPP, although I gather that New York’s statute is relatively weak.

20 Likes

100 percent correct.

30 Likes

The complaint, filed in the Southern District of New York, is peppered with insults, referring to Clinton as a “cutthroat politician by any account,” a candidate who “lost in surprise upsets” and someone known to hold “long-time grudges.”

Sounds like she’s lifting a page from the impeachment defense protocol. No substance, but plenty of ranting.

16 Likes

The Derp is strong with this one…

8 Likes

I guess the truth hurts … $50 million worth of hurt.

5 Likes

Olsen Johnson: “Now who can argue with that authentic example of GRU-funded gibberish?”

28 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available