GA Secretary Of State Said Graham Pressing Him To Toss Legal Ballots

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has been pressuring him to find ways to toss legally cast ballots in recent days, according to the Washington Post.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1344962
1 Like

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has been pressuring him to find ways to toss legally cast ballots

I don’t care. I’ve been re-elected.

I’m invincible.

44 Likes

Graham is just another Republican: an antidemocratic, whining cheat.

46 Likes

He should get Secret Service protection until a few weeks after January 5.
And Lindsey–well, it would be cool if he were the first one prosecuted for voter fraud in the 2020 general election.

65 Likes

I can’t wait for whatever they have on Graham to get released. It’s bad. It’s gotta be. This guy tossed his soul right in the shredder.

114 Likes

No consequences ever - for any of them.

12 Likes

Graham was testing the waters to see if Raffensperger would play ball. Certainly his predecessor would have.

We should not be under any illusions about what Trump, Graham, Giuliani, Barr, and the rest of that mob would do if they thought they could get away with it.

80 Likes

No, sir, I wasn’t planning on robbing the bank. I just wanted to know what the combination to the vault was. Just out of curiosity, you know, because I’m really interested in how things work.

82 Likes

Thank you South Carolina. You elected a maggot to the US Senate. You all must be so proud.

42 Likes

The people of his state prefer him to the Black guy. Blame them.

18 Likes

I suppose if the Georgia Secretary of State feels safe to argue against Sen Graham in public, Sen Graham must be damn weak.

59 Likes

Absolutely this a 1000 times. If they could get away with it they will try it.

8 Likes

Counting ballots and deciding which legal ballot to toss ain’t yer job Lindsey. So you go on and keep yer dirty shit covered fingers outta Georgia. It isn’t your state to get involved in anyway

33 Likes

We are very fortunate that Kemp is not in that office any longer, considering how shady the 2018 election was there’s no doubt in my mind he’d be cheating for Trump. Raffensperger is showing that he cares about the law and fair elections despite his partisan beliefs…that’s how it should be for all Americans.

Republicans like Graham have forgotten that, and have decided instead that they want to rule the nation instead of serve it. And, they are backed by evangelicals who believe this nation is a Christian one and who are willing to go to religious war over it. We need the Republicans like Raffensperger to stand strong against that hateful religious army, they already have far too much influence over the nation and if they get any more we will become a Christian theocracy.

56 Likes

Hey Sunday morning talk shows who fell all over themselves to book him on as much as humanly possible because you saw him as a “reasonable Republican.” How do you feel about your decisions now?

Never mind. As long as you have a “differing viewpoint,” that’s all that matters.

23 Likes

I don’t care who said what to whom; Lindsey Graham talking to the Georgia Secretary of State about counting votes in Georgia is totally and completely inappropriate. WTF business does a Senator from South Carolina have talking to Georgia state officials about counting votes in Georgia?? The conversation taking place is a scandal regardless of what’s said!

127 Likes

What’s a little cross border meddling umoung co conspirators…I mean “friends”. Stay in your lane Lindsay.

9 Likes

Graham had a soul to shred???

11 Likes

Better that the Georgia SoS didn’t go along with it.

Hope he’s as concerned about the votes in January.

7 Likes

It was buried with McCain.

10 Likes