GA Lt Gov Rips GOPers Who Fed Into Trump’s Falsehoods To Pass ‘Knee-Jerk’ Law | Talking Points Memo

Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan (R) on Thursday criticized fellow Republicans in his state for finding themselves in hot water upon the passage of the state’s new voting overhaul law, which he said can be attributed to the failure to refute former President Trump’s election fraud falsehoods during the 2020 presidential election cycle.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1367599

Duncan concluded Republicans who supported the legislation “may be afraid of high turnout”

When he’s right, he’s right.

21 Likes

Keep digging!

6 Likes

Whoops truth sneaked out…retraction in 1 2 3

6 Likes

In other words, “we need to abandon our entire current platform.”

20 Likes

Bobby Jindal says hi!

14 Likes

Well, I guess this guy isn’t planning on a long career in GA politics…

(That being said, good on him for speaking up!)

18 Likes

So he can fly Delta now?

11 Likes

Special discount for Republicans fleeing Georgia.

13 Likes

So I guess the legislature is cutting off it’s nose to spite its face with this move.

13 Likes

The entire GOP Platform is Donald Trump.

But that hides the real problem caused by the establishment GOP, when you represent less than 1% of voters on economic issues, you are left pandering to the racists, religious bigots, misogynists, xenophobic and the worst crooks in society. Hence the need to reduce those voting to win elections.

As long as Mitch McConnell is the Republican leader in the Senate, there really is little else Republicans can do but try other than democratic means to stay in power.

9 Likes

“Special discount for Republicans fleeing Georgia.”

Maybe not.

"The Georgia State House passed a bill that would eliminate tax breaks for Delta Airlines for jet fuel. The vote was 97-73 and moves onto the state Senate. "

5 Likes

Hmm…so does this mean he thinks the trumpers will no longer be in charge of the Repubs come 2022?

I can only assume this is some kind of political calculation.

3 Likes

Whenever I finally fly again, this might inspire me to fly Delta.

Probably not, but might.

3 Likes

“Unfortunately, Republicans fell into the trap set by the left and allowed them to make the bill into something that it’s not,” Duncan said.

So we made this a voter suppression law when it was only a helpful voting enhancement suggestion? We’re so dastardly!

5 Likes

I’d say so. One of the major businesses in the state and they want to punish it.

Dumb dumb dumb. Someone should offer Delta an incentive to relocate their hub.

10 Likes

3 Likes

Delta announces all future flights in and out of Atlanta will have at least three stop-overs.

7 Likes

Republicans, even the apparently sentient ones, all have a tell. They “fell into the trap” set by the left? Really. We made them do it? Like rapists are trapped by their victims.
Nothing to see here. Nothing at all.

12 Likes

Hmmmm… Somewhere warm, south, and non-Republican…

Cuba?

4 Likes