Fruman Demands Parnas Take Back Docs From Congress | Talking Points Memo

Lev Parnas’ longtime associate wants him to take back documents supplied to Congress, accusing the South Florida businessman of potentially breaking attorney-client privilege.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1287494

“Mr. Parnas did not, and does not, have any authority to waive Mr. Fruman’s privilege, or otherwise disclose privileged communications belonging to Mr. Fruman,”

If Parnas has them, they aren’t privileged communications, unless he got them illegally somehow.

Looks like someone is still on team, hoping to get a pardon.

38 Likes

Please Un-Ring the bell… good luck with that

25 Likes

These guys are hilarious!

16 Likes

That horse has already left the very genius stable…

37 Likes

What privilege ? Their is no privilege to hide a conspiracy to defraud the United States. Fruman should just shut up.

18 Likes

Here’s a clue: If there’s a document that contains content protected by attorney-client privilege and it’s lawfully in possession of a third party, then it’s not protected by attorney-client privilege.

35 Likes

Mr. Furman, why don’t you tell the tide not to come in too?

7 Likes

This is some first-class lawyering on display here.

14 Likes

Yea, um, Igor… that’s not how it works.

8 Likes

Will Aubrey reveal to Tony she’s carrying Ben’s baby, knowing Tricia’s brain tumor diagnosis promises to scuttle the bachelorette party at Samantha’s hunting lodge?

37 Likes

But he has such a trustworthy face. The kind of guy you’d want to meet in a dark alley.

6 Likes

The kind of guy you’d meet in a dark alley whether or not you wanted to.

7 Likes

That’s Eye-gor…

6 Likes

7 Likes

I worked with a person who did the classic “reply all” to an email from the boss, basically trashing everything he’d just said. Three minutes later she sent an email saying, “… would like to withdraw this email.” About 10 minutes after that she was packing a box with all her personal effects.

I still check the address line before I hit send on everything.

21 Likes

No idea what this means, but it didn’t take you any time to come up with it, so props for that.

7 Likes

The gathered crowd: “OMG, look, Trump just shot someone on 5th Avenue!!”

Trump: “Hey, you didn’t see that!”

9 Likes

Yup. I smell an IMPOTUS in the vicinity…

There’s a whiff of Ghouliani too. And the rancid odor of BrimstoneBarr…

15 Likes

And Faux News and the MAGAts would all be muttering “guy had it coming to him…” based on no proof whatsoever.

3 Likes