Fowl Play: Trump Bravely Vows To Fight Utterly Fabricated War On Thanksgiving | Talking Points Memo

Used to–haven’t for many years. Now it Gay Indian Veterans Liberation Day.

16 Likes

Absolutely. Lies even when he doesn’t have to. Starts the morning with lies, lies to himself in the mirror, lies to the guy he orders breakfast from, lies to the guy who brings the breakfast, then he kicks it into a higher gear for the grueling lie-fest that each day brings. His entire mode of operation is to lie to people, so he knows he still has the power to manipulate EVERY SINGLE BEING ON EARTH into his ‘reality’ of the moment.

21 Likes

Really sobering article from Dahlia Lithwick, someone I have immense respect for.

20 Likes

You know, I could see Donnie blaming the godless libs for waging war on Christmas or even Easter, but Thanksgiving? I don’t know anyone who hates Thanksgiving except maybe a sentient turkey.

17 Likes

I saw on facebook a suggestion that he’s confusing it with the quest to change Columbus Day. That at least makes sense.

29 Likes

On the bright side, scientific testing shows that the intense radiation of room-temperature IQs at Trump rallies is counteracting global warming.

11 Likes

Everyone who works in retail

38 Likes

Ahh, but we must never forget the tragedy of the “Bowl of Greens Massacre”:sleepy:

55 Likes

Making that for dinner tomorrow.

Yum!

4 Likes

There are also a lot of articles every year about the Pilgrims and their toxic relationship to indigenous peoples. He could be mashing up a lot of stuff.

18 Likes

Yes, invent another culture “war” for “good” Christians to fight.

Henry Ford, a notorious anti-semite invented the “war on Xmas” with his annual op-eds decrying this war by “Jewish merchants”. It never occurred to him that apprx 25% of retail sales take place in the Xmas season. Why Jews would want to wage war on Xmas is a mystery.

33 Likes

I think he simply babbles nonsense.

8 Likes

Since the war is out in the open now, could I suggest Gluttony with Your Republican Uncle Day?

7 Likes

I imagine Trump will attend to this important matter by sending Rudy to Turkey to ask Erdogan dig up evidence that Elizabeth Warren is anti-Thanksgiving.

14 Likes

I wanted to enlist in the 98th Airborne Biscuits and Gravy regiment. Unfortunately, it was already full and the waiting list was too long for me to bother with it. I opted for the Stealth Steak & Eggs special ops group instead.

17 Likes

Next will be the “war on sunlight”, with individual orange taking credit for sunrise every morning (you laugh, but this is the foundation of many pagan religions).

10 Likes

Fruitcake?

15 Likes

When he comes out foursquare in favor of Valentine’s Day let me know.

1 Like

More and more I find that good work is being done by the sentient turkey.

2 Likes

Volunteer Fireman’s Day

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available