Foiled! Trump’s Top Picks To Be Acting Head Of DHS Are Legally Ineligible | Talking Points Memo

The President’s personnel chief had to tell him that his top picks to fill in as Homeland Security secretary weren’t actually eligible to hold the job, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday. CNN and Politico matched the Journal’s reporting.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1257060
2 Likes

Only the best… whatever that means.

7 Likes

Ken Cuccinelli has long dreamt of the day he could wield his authority over DHS to secure America from its vilest foes, the Sodomites!

25 Likes

Rules? We don’t need no stinking rules!

22 Likes

You could check out the old guy on the park bench at the east side of one of the local parks. He could do the job. I’m sure he’s got the time. All he does all day is feed the pigeons and bitch about space aliens stealing the pigs on his farm. (That’s the one he sold 14 years ago.)

3 Likes

I wonder how long it takes before they decide to install one of them anyways, regardless of the regulations…that’s the kind of thing Trump and company are doing now, though not quite that openly, so it would not be shocking at all. And, that’s about the only way we are going to get a racist like Cuccinelli into a position of power like that, any reasonable process would keep him as far away from any powerful position as possible.

9 Likes

…Since the emoluments clause is unconstitutional, clearly any statutes which one disagrees with must be as well.

16 Likes

I am guessing that is a quote for Vladimir Putin.

Or to put another way, Trump has no clue on foreign policy, domestic policy or just how to run a government or be president of the United States of America and the only person whose advise he takes is Vladimir Putin and Putin does not understand checks and balance or even being bound by a constitution or laws.

In related news Trump will be meeting with Putin later this year so Trump can receive his annual performance appraisal.

10 Likes

The White House confirmed today that the President has total confidence in Sean Doocey “at this time.”

8 Likes

He can’t get anyone to work for him!

(Laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh.)

4 Likes

Cucinelli = Principal Deputy Director of Trumpian Cruelty Dept. whose primary job is to shoot immigrants in the legs per Trump’s orders. His other job is to procure alligators, build a moat and make very pointed tipped wall of trumpian specification!

5 Likes

Ken Cuccinelli is such a piece of work that he can’t even depend on Republican support. The best, only the best. If I was Cuccinelli, I might retire to the private sector and forget about a career in government service.

17 Likes

Could he be Acting Acting Head of DHS, until a suitable Acting Head of DHS can be found?

8 Likes

Cadet Bone Spurs missed each and every civics class.

4 Likes

Is there anyone in the private sector who would hire him?

4 Likes
23 Likes

The Trump administration took an unusual route to install Cuccinelli at his current job despite him not meeting any of the FVRA guidelines for acting chiefs.

Not really that unusual anymore with this gang.

9 Likes

If you take an serious look at Trump, he is legally ineligible to be President.

9 Likes

Law? What is this “Law” of which you speak? (Perhaps a fragment of times long gone, when things were at least somewhat sane?)

2 Likes

The old joke
Republicans run on the premise that government doesn’t work and then prove it when elected

15 Likes