Flynn Sentencing Could Be Derailed Again As Dispute With Old Lawyers Escalates | Talking Points Memo

Work this out to its logical conclusion: everything that touches Trump dies, sure, but everything that dies at Trump’s touch also kills.

It’s like a deadly plague that persists long after the host is consumed.

8 Likes

" Your Honor, those pleas were made when there was still a pretence of justice in America.
Now that Republicans don’t bother to hide their contempt, I want to take advantage of the new system."

22 Likes

I hope that’s what the judge decides to do.

5 Likes

I realize he’s a lot older, but I think he’ll get the Ollie North Welfare Treatment if that happens.

“True Patriot” and all that.

5 Likes

If he withdraws his plea agreement, I would expect there to be a much longer list of crimes than the two he pled guilty to. Let him stand public trial and allow the American people to see the full extent of what he did.

14 Likes

The prosecutors are doing exactly what they need to do in order to get Judge Sullivan – who has seen the still-classified reports on Flynn and wanted to know why he wasn’t charged with treason – to throw the goddamned book at him. Exposing Sidney Powell’s bad-faith ineffective assistance scam will aid in that cause quite nicely.

16 Likes

I’ve given up on this fiasco. He’s not going to prison.

2 Likes

You forgot hang.

ETA. Then his head goes on a pike.

I would really like to see this guy get some jail time before the pardon comes out the chute

2 Likes

This why we need you on the SOROS payroll @rascal_crone. I am scheduling an in-service seminar for you to update @castor_troy, @playitagainrowlf, @thunderclapnewman and the rest of our squad in how to think with our actual brains.

6 Likes

Plus, wasn’t there some sort of “gentleman’s” agreement that charges against his son would be overlooked?

10 Likes

The government on Sunday said that it was seeking to “obtain from these counsel (and any other person acting on the defendant’s behalf in this case) and provide to the Court documents, declarations, or affidavits responding to the claims of ineffective assistance in the defendant’s Supplemental Motion to Withdraw his Plea of Guilty.”

Lol. If Flynn’s previous counsel wish to add to the record, they can intervene at the invitation of the court–if the court is of the view that Flynn’s claims have some potential merit. Since the claims are obviously worthless and previous counsel has made no attempt to involve themselves in the proceedings, the judge can–and I predict will–proceed with sentencing.

The DOJ is utterly fucked.

6 Likes

Now, with the cooperation of Bill Barr, they are slow walking him going to prison. And the day after election day, Trump will issue pardons for Flynn, Manafort, and Stone.

8 Likes

Oh, indeed. For both Flynn and his son.

4 Likes

Flynn obviously does not want to serve his country, by serving his sentence. Tsk. Take your medicine dude.

Meanwhile, is that a trick of lighting in the photo or is he beginning to look like a potato that has sat on the shelf too long?

6 Likes

When is this traitorous POS going to do any time?

At this point, however, I’m willing to see it drag out to next year, and pray for a Dem. Prez, so he can stop the signaling for a pardon, pleeaze!

Then I’d like to see a full-blown, throw the book at 'em trial.

5 Likes

A presidential pardon would abort that unwanted inconvenience.

4 Likes

Not with Barr running things.

2 Likes

There are laws, but no justice.

4 Likes

Only a little off topic:

14 Likes