Flynn Sentencing Could Be Derailed Again As Dispute With Old Lawyers Escalates | Talking Points Memo

The effort by former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn to withdraw his guilty plea could get a whole lot messier.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1290247
1 Like

Flynn wants what they call in golf a mulligan. It’s not in the rules, but hey, judge, isn’t the law about arguing by analogy?

11 Likes

Fuck it, he’s going to walk eventually.

5 Likes

Why is it so hard to throw this fucker in jail?

23 Likes

IANAL but this looks a lot like they’re giving him a pardon without using pardon power.

3 Likes

Bill Barr.

26 Likes

Yeah, General Flynn, good luck trying to convince Judge Sullivan that Covington did not provide effective counsel, while your current conspiracy-theorizing, Fox News-commentating lawyers are doing just great.

Like your new lawyers (using that term loosely) have done with the privilege waiver issue — because you know what absolutely waives privilege? Accusing your former lawyers of malpractice. They’re allowed to reveal whatever they need to to defend themselves. Oops.

25 Likes

That type of lawyer successfully convinced 53 Senators (some of the finest legal minds in the country!), along with the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS.

5 Likes

The lawyers didn’t convince 53 Senators to do anything. They had already decided.

ETA: In fact the lawyers did such a poor job in impeachment, the 53 Senators couldn’t say it was a perfect call.

22 Likes

Draw and quarter the traitorous MOFO

6 Likes

Roberts didn’t have to make any rulings. And Emmet Sullivan is quite a different person from the GOP senators.

12 Likes

I’m too tired to read about this jackass and how he manages to still finagle special privileges in court, but maybe all those involved will keep this thing going until well after tRump’s out of office. Then Flynn won’t be able to play these stupid games in court anymore and justice will finally be meted out for this traitorous piece of shit. Maybe he’ll screw himself past getting an official pardon by what will then be the ex-pResident of the United States, and the returning pResident of Mar-A-Lago, King of the bedbugs and Potentate to a bunch of shitty golf courses.

12 Likes

“The effort by former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn to withdraw his guilty plea could get a whole lot messier.”

Let’s hope he finds the withdrawal method isn’t so effective at preventing unwanted incarcerations.

27 Likes

The Eighth Amendment prohibits cruel and unusual punishment. Under the Constitution. We do have a constitution still, don’t we? Um, don’t we?

2 Likes

And Flynn living under a bridge wouldn’t upset me one bit.

11 Likes

The only part that really matters anymore is half of the 2nd Amendment.

4 Likes

Well, there’s that Article II that says the president can do anything he wants. I can’t find the relevant part, but Trump told me it was in the Constitution.

7 Likes

For God’s sake…the man is guilty. Period. Do the time. Stop WHINING and clogging up the courts.

11 Likes

Just fucking lock him up and be done with it already.

11 Likes

Then I hope he is dead broke and lives a miserable rest of his life.

7 Likes