Five Points On The Fight Over Open Carry At Michigan Polling Places | Talking Points Memo

Michigan’s secretary of state announced recently that openly carrying firearms at polling places is prohibited. The ban is the latest development in a long-running debate over open carry in the state. But whether the order will be enforced is another question entirely.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1339427

When you have to have the State Police put down the Sheriffs, methinks we have a little problem in law-enforcement land.

25 Likes

I absolutely hate these clowns.

Who the F*** do they think they are?

Nazi scum.

9 Likes

Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, an organization that holds that the power of the sheriff even supersedes the powers of the President

THIS is a problem.
Yet another one.

24 Likes

Soon there will be a new Sheriff in town

6 Likes

Trump has secured the ammosexual vote. A number of ammosexuals have secured themselves a room in the pokey, with an increasing likelihood that they will enlarge their incarcerated numbers with the addition of sovereign citizen movement nutjobs. Might we hit the trifecta: Trump, ammosexuals, and sovereign citizens all doing time together?

8 Likes

"Some of those who join forces
Are the same who burn crosses "
Zach de la Rocha
Rage Against the Machine

6 Likes

If any of these fucks show up armed at polls the following should happen:

1. Said fucks should be arrested.
  2. Said arms should be confiscated.
  3. Any sheriffs refusing to enforce this directive should be heavily fined, possibly even arrested themselves if the offense is egregious enough (ie the aforementioned armed fucks showing up in numbers that rival the likely superspreader event they most likely caused with their deeply stupid protest of Whitmer’s Covid restrictions last spring).

Problem solved.

10 Likes

I don’t understand why the press doesn’t highlight the HATRED these “Armed Incels” have for the Police.

With all the Flag-Humping going on in the Republican Party, it’s a mystery to me why these “Marching Militia Morons” get a complete PASS from the right for their hatred of Police, and their frequent statements of a burning desire to kill police? Yet, LEOs support them?!?!?

Cognitive Dissonance on display.

5 Likes

I try not to be naive and I realize there are a lot of sick fools out there but WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS think bringing a gun to a polling place or a church or a school is a GOOD thing? Which fkn country did they grow up in?

9 Likes

Open carry is just insane. Open carry at a polling place or at a state capital is outrageously insane.

These boys need to grow up.

13 Likes

Exactly.

3 Likes

An anagram for Dar Leaf: Fear Lad.

Sad!

4 Likes

The constitution is silent on behaving like a twat , maybe it was harder to behave like a twat with a flint lock musket.

2 Likes

here’s a hypothetical

what if a lib was to show up just as heavily armed to provide a counter balance? How hard would shit hit fan for the lib?

or

what if as a counter measure libs were to show up and start photographing the armed and their vehicles? Don’t say anything, just monitor them with video and photographs.

How hard would heads explode?

Finally, has anyone heard if the dotard has been asked which Deep State crew he is using to spy on the Biden campaign, America’s or Russia’s? Both?

Easy assumption it is happening, 'cause for the dotard, what is good for the goose…

3 Likes

Robert Stevenson, director of the Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police. “The feedback I’ve been getting from our police agencies is that they’re uncomfortable trying to enforce something they clearly don’t have the authority to enforce.”

I know this isn’t what he’s saying but it sure sounds like he’s implying police officers may be a bit intimidated about telling heavily armed ammosexuals to go home or face being arrested. Perhaps allowing armed citizens to roam freely is a bit different than having them roam around with purses, backpacks or even a pocket knife.

4 Likes

I have been doing a lot of reading and listening to podcasts, and the number of ex Republicans coming forward to do these weak mea culpas about “I didn’t realize there was so much racism in the party” make me want to fucking hurl. They all sound so reasonable - they believed in fiscal responsibility (gag), they felt the party’s moral values were the same as theirs (choke), they saw the party as the adult in the room (vomiting sounds). but they never realized any of the dark underpinnings. Even after FOX did everything from birtherism to the terrorist fist bump, even after SCOTUS dismantled voting rights, even after all of the racist gags and cartoons being sent back and forth between Republicans in every form of government in the country depicting gorillas and witch doctors, it took Trump to make them see the racist machine whirring away inside their party.

Forgive me if I don’t embrace all of these shit-slingers now that they have seen the error of their ways.

8 Likes

I am going to be working on the absentee ballot board in Michigan the the day before the election. I volunteered even though I am concerned about the Covid risk because of all of the GOP voter suppression efforts. It didn’t occur to me that I would also have to deal with the threat of armed terrrorists invading the election sites. As Joliet Jake would say if he lived here, “I hate Michigan nazis”.

4 Likes

as long as we are informed about these open-carry[big guns] states , i really don’t care…i just won’t go there…where do these guys get their money? those big guns they carry around are not cheap…they obviously don’t work…who is financing them???

2 Likes

these people are not boys…they are grown men…and they have grown’up’ as much as they are going to…

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available