Five Points On The Fight Over Open Carry At Michigan Polling Places | Talking Points Memo

these guys need something big to show off…

3 Likes

Many polling places are in churches and schools; bringing a gun to those polling places is not allowed because of that, AFAIK.

Michigan law says "Michigan election law authorizes the precinct board to “maintain peace, regularity and order at the polling place.” Banning open carry would seem to be within the scope of that law, but the extremist Michigan Supreme Court might not see it that way.

Tuff guyz 2020: ‘we need gunz for self-defense at pollz’

Tuff guyz before: did not see any issues with a bunch of unarmed retired ladies maintaining peace and order at polling places.

3 Likes

White men. No one else could get away with this.

1 Like

You justify those that died
By wearing the badge
They’re the chosen whites

Imagine the Not Fucking Around Coalition sending Black members to rural polling places in Michigan on Election Day.

There would be an ugly response. Fox News still hasn’t gotten over the two Black guys at a Philly polling place in 2008, neither of whom had a gun.

2 Likes

Trumplandia

Dang! He did something good then. "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. " :chipmunk: :chipmunk: :peanuts:

I just can’t get over the fact that the NRA Convention prohibited firearms inside their convention. And yet, there they are, “supporting” the alleged constitutional (and God-given) right to do whatever they want with firearms of any type. SMH

2 Likes

Or they are sympathetic with the militias and on their side. We’ve seen this already: police letting these guys roam freely at BLM protests.

1 Like

many cases same folks.

From my daughter’s experience here in east tn with dating I’ll say they got their gf to allow them to quit their jobs and move in with them. my daughter actually had a first date fuck show up the next day with his friends and all his possessions, he told her he had quit his job and was moving in. I over heard, walked to the door and said get the fuck off the property. one took a look at me and almost ran to his pickup, as I mentioned earlier today, folks say when I am pissed looking at my eyes they see death. in this case they would have been correct

6 Likes

Anyone else flashing back to the panic over voter intimidation when there were a couple New Black Panthers standing outside a polling place in 2008? Boy howdy, that was intimidating. Much more intimidating than someone carrying a gun into a polling place. I can’t quite put my finger on why, though…

5 Likes

Lol … “ammosexuals.”

1 Like

I can only assume that there is a huge amount of compensation going on with most of these guys. This one needed protection to get a sandwich from Subway. Guess those bread loaves are pretty scary.

1 Like

“The feedback I’ve been getting from our police agencies is that they’re uncomfortable trying to enforce something they clearly don’t have the authority to enforce.”

No authority!? What’s that tin star on your shirt? You better turn yours in Snowflake.

… the power of the sheriff even supersedes the powers of the President

So these twits do believe that the president is not above the law. I think that is the first thing that they have said, that I agree with.

1 Like

How do you shoot vote fraud?

1 Like

He just looks like a pathetic loser to me.

ETA: He’s like the boy who sat in the back of the class in junior high school and tried to cause trouble.

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like

I wonder what King Richard would’ve thought if the Sheriff of Nottingham had made that claim…

He fell in love fast, poor fellow

(Kidding snark; I know your use of the f-word was your name for the subject of your sentence, and not the verb for their first date activity).

But, YIKES!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available