Fist Fights Break Out At Missouri School Board Meeting After Universal Masking Vote | Talking Points Memo

Fights broke out and at least one person was handcuffed after a Missouri school board voted unanimously to mandate masking in schools amid a surge of coronavirus cases in the area. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1387017

Arrest them. Check to see if they have a kid in school. Ban them from the school grounds. I’m way past tired of their garbage.

77 Likes

Ha!

Idiots.

They probably think Trump’s gonna pardon them…

25 Likes

And/or expected the deputy to take their side in the scuffle.

38 Likes

How far has Missouri fallen from Harry Truman to this nonsense…

36 Likes

My dad used to say we have the Constitutionally protected right to be stupid.
Some people insist on their right to infect others.

36 Likes

Show Me… a society rapidly unraveling where people now default to physical violence to justify their opinions and beliefs.

28 Likes

Did I mention the incoming and inevitable widespread violence?

13 Likes

OT.

Jesus Fuckingsworth Christ. Who the fuck comes up with these kinds of headline? Do people get paid for this?

53 Likes

I can’t get over how strange it is to see a radical minority faction dedicated above all, in fact if not in their own words, to maximizing the death rate among themselves. It’s true that they also represent a real threat to the rest of the community. But it’s undeniable that, to the extent they get their way, the consequence is to maximize illness and death amongst themselves.

It’s an astonishing spectacle.

68 Likes

How long before the smirking twit in the photo gets pardoned by the governor?

21 Likes

“for an altercation with a subject taking a video on their phone,”

I know, right? What’s a wingnut cracker to do now that people can video how bent you are?

20 Likes

In Virginia, the Dem governor made masks mandatory in all schools, thus taking the issue away from local idiots and preempting or at least toning down many a would-be fraught school board meeting. In Missouri, the Repub governor utters mealy mouthed statements about vaccination while protecting the right to infect.

36 Likes

What sort of example is being set for children in their formative years when a former President of the U.S. behaved in such a crass, thuggish, and unmannerly way? DJT’s supporters are following this horrible pattern of behavior to the detriment of America’s youth and the entire nation.

32 Likes

Sadly for them, ex-president’s pardons can’t excuse, “needs a ventilator.”
Apparently, a world of hurt is not enough for Drumpfists: they gotta have it for their children, and other people’s children, too.

17 Likes

Why it’s just expected in the shining city on a hill!

23 Likes

Once or twice. :smiley:

36 Likes

Truman was thoroughly enmeshed in the corrupt Democratic party machine that ran Kansas City. And while he mostly didn’t enrich himself during his political career, enough of that taint of corruption stuck to him so that he lost Congress during his second term and declined to run for reelection in 1952, handing the election to Eisenhower. His administration had more than its fair share of corruption scandals.

17 Likes

Normalization: it’s what’s for dinner.

12 Likes

Parsons already pardoned the two dipshits

Looks like Pat had some work done since this:

21 Likes