First-Come, First-Served Vaccine Sites Strain FL County Dealing With DeSantis Order | Talking Points Memo

Hundreds of people lined up at a rec center in Florida Monday for a hasty experiment in vaccine distribution: The COVID-19 immunization, recently supplied by the state of Florida’s health department, would be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1351303

it’s unfortunate that we didn’t have three weeks to plan this event.

You didn’t see this coming?

We’re having to ride this bicycle as we build it

If this were a bicycle, you’dve all killed yourselves by now.

This (lack of) planning is unconscionable. Please tell me they have some plan in place to get all of these first-dosers a second dose in the appropriate time-frame. Something tells me they don’t really care whether that happens or not. This is criminal.

37 Likes

Can we give the Confederate States of America’s a second chance?

8 Likes

If Florida re-elects this idiot as governor, they get what they deserve.

18 Likes

Didn’t have time to plan? “first-come, first-served basis” WTF

Maybe I lack imagination, but what could be a worse idea? Sell them on eBay?

15 Likes

Next time, put the name of the county in the first paragraph.

4 Likes

Give them out for free at DeSatan [sic] fundraising events.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, it’s “unfortunate”? Who the fuck do you think is responsible for that, you mealy-mouthed loser!? Hint: he’s the leader of your has-been political party.

12 Likes

Why do I get the impression organizing a two horse parade would challenge the deSnivel administration?

18 Likes

He’s just following his leader. He doesn’t need to consult experts because he has a big brain.

10 Likes

Man’s a fucking anarchist! Or, he’s buying votes.

11 Likes

“Wait. Who’s going to play the horse? Can I be a unicorn? Do we need cowboys, too? Should it be a boy horse and a girl horse, or two of the same gender? Should we have a race? Can we bet on the winner?”

9 Likes

I can name some candidates for the back half

12 Likes

There is a superfluity of candidates for that position.

6 Likes

So, those elderly who are too frail to stand in a line that formed pre-dawn are shit out of luck.

34 Likes

It’s God’s Will, don’t you know?

6 Likes

Just when you think these idiots can’t be any more idiotic.

20 Likes

In florida, god helps those who help themselves. Says so in the state constitution.

11 Likes

Incompetence becomes just another weapon in the Republican arsenal.

Among their many deficits, Republicans do exhibit a modest talent for converting their paranoiac fantasies into reality: their lousy governance makes government a problem and misallocates resources while their Covid19 denialism overloads ICU’s with rationing and ever harsher triage in consequence; e.g., https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1343331127789035524

13 Likes

Sure, but these folks are more likely to die before they can vote for DeSantis in the next election.

11 Likes