Filling The Void

Originally published at: Filling The Void - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Hello, it’s the weekend. This is The Weekender :coffee: These past few weeks have been grueling for everyone who cares about politics, and particularly so for TPM’s small-but-mighty staff — lots of late night and weekend work, lots of marathon days followed by more marathon days. And you’ve noticed: We’ve surpassed the halfway point of…

2 Likes

Let’s all look forward to a normal future.

67 Likes

Upon first read, it sounded like Lindell, who has falsely claimed that mail in ballots are unsafe and will compromise the safety and security of our election system, had suddenly changed his tune on mail-in ballots.

“We are countering PLANS TO COMPROMISE election ballots with one simple thing YOU can do!,” the emails reads. “Go get your mail-in ballot NOW — not just your registration — but your actual ballot.”
… … … … …
Mr Lindell, please look at a calendar will ya?
It’s July Mike and the election is in November. THE BALLOTS AREN’T EVEN PRINTED YET!!
And please seek some mental therapy. Mike, you need it.

59 Likes

Last night in Florida Trump suggested he would do away with voting.

80 Likes

Rather, it’s to note that a lot of what the right-wing media does is to influence people into taking decisions that end up melding reality towards that which had previously only existed in feverish news stories and op-eds.

The brainwash flux capacitor.

33 Likes

On his way to dictatorship

42 Likes

We still have Lindell thrashing around claiming the election from four years ago was stolen? There’s meth head in his madness.

41 Likes

It does seem like a pretty direct and straightforward statement about their intentions, doesn’t it?

My response: Christamitey! Media response: Aw, Trump just says stuff. MAGA response: Yeah, let’s do it! That’ll own the libs for sure!

58 Likes

Mike Lindell is certifiably nuts!

6 Likes

Nope! Nosiree! Nope, nopedy nope!

Vacant as the Bates Motel.

45 Likes

NY Times doesn’t mention it in its headline of the event. Trump calls Kamala Harris a bum get’s the space.

48 Likes

Yeah, yeah, but the New York Times will begin asking important questions like:

• Is Kamala Harris ready to deal with foreign policy issues?
  • Is America ready for a female President?
  • Is Harris’s campaign too smart?
  • Does Doug Emhoff really look the part to be “First Gentleman”?
  • Can a sixty-year old woman really appeal to young voters?
73 Likes
12 Likes

Whether it’s yelling about red meat or engaging in lazy, racist and misogynistic attacks — which even Republican leadership has urged them to move away from — Republicans are once again holding onto ridiculous and lazy fear mongering for dear life.

Amazing. Just flat out amazing.

Two weeks ago DJT experienced an assassination attempt on his life. The world was on fire and DJT had the focus and to some extent sympathy of the public.

The RNC was in motion and reporting was all a dither as well.

However, Biden a few days later made a move that basically eliminated any primary focus on the RNC and DJT. Totally stole DJT’s smoke.

Project 2025 basically got let out of the bag. The people know now.

Kamala meanwhile is eating Trump’s lunch and sticking him with the check. Her campaign is pulling a Trump trick, flooding the zone with media and material that I have yet to see her opposition even come close to countering. The shoe is on the other foot.

On top of this, DJT chose a running mate that cannot even get past a bogus claim of having conjugal visits with a sofa. Then his VP pick doubles down on insulting and in a sense threatening women everywhere.

And DJT’s biggest attack line in all of this is whining “But, but I got shot in the ear!”. In lieu of sympathy, he has a lot of people looking at his photos and going “I see nutin.”

Amazing.

68 Likes

[tweet quoting]

Paging Susan Collins’s furrowed brow, Susan Collins’s furrowed brow, line one please.

52 Likes

We need to bang the drum on this until the g.d. media pays attention to it. So sick of DT saying the quiet parts out loud and the media going (as somebody else noted), “Aw, he just says stuff.”

30 Likes

As we all know because he tells us that everyone wanted Roe overturned. Does he or his campaign really think this is a winning message? video at link

30 Likes

It’s a miracle!

38 Likes

Perhaps I’m just an elitist, but I don’t see calling someone a “bum” as honing one’s attack. I mean, juvenile name calling much?

58 Likes

He has been firming up the idea that he wants to eliminate the United States as we know it. Not simple misstatements, but a full throated abandonment of who we are. He means it.

45 Likes