Feinstein Says She’s Back in DC But Will Work A ‘Lighter Schedule’ Per Doctor Advisement

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) is officially back to work in D.C. after a nearly three-month absence as she recovered from shingles.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1457362

Just has to show for votes, that’s all.

Some important ones coming…

24 Likes

Weekend at Bernies…

7 Likes

And I’m absolutely fine with that.

Has she been captured on video yet? All these comments were in a written statement.

4 Likes

It worked for Byrd…

11 Likes

Best wishes.

5 Likes

This is a farce turning into a tragedy.

5 Likes

“I’m back,” she announced, “but don’t expect me to do anything. I don’t care; I don’t have to. And I’m going to stay in office until I’m wheeled to the morgue.”

10 Likes

But about the best we can hope for at the moment, I think we should just take the win…

13 Likes

I despise her now. She’s RBG 2.0, tanking everything she’s supposed to represent because she doesn’t want to retire even though she’s 89 and apparently still incapable of showing up for a vote.

7 Likes

Fair enough. Hopefully she remains cogent until the next election.

4 Likes

Not important

Only that she votes, and does so w/ her party

9 Likes

Exactly like RBG other than the not dying part, and if she did, she is guaranteed to be replaced by a democrat part…

Totes the the same…

5 Likes

Is this the same doctor who didn’t tell an 89-year-old to get the gddmn shingles vaccine?
Or has Feinstein decided to take this advice because she ignored the earlier advice to get the vaccine?

4 Likes

As long as she does what she has to do — show up for votes, move judicial nominees out of committee.

16 Likes

When did hanging on to elective office become patriotic? I still want term limits. 12 yrs for the House and Senate.

1 Like

Dumb.

Experience is actually a good thing.

10 Likes

Seniority isn’t. Neither is failing memory.

And there are many, many miles between the two.

Term limits is a horrible and far too blunt a tool for this.

Joe Biden would never have gained the experience he has that has deftly kept Russia tied up for like no money…

12 Likes

That’s a textbook example of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available