FDA And CDC Recommend Pause On J&J COVID Vaccines Amid Reports Of Blood Clotting

I’m not sure we’ll even notice. They don’t run on fuel.

6 Likes

I’d much rather that you be right about this.

3 Likes

I know right?

It’s science so the loonies will reject it out of hand.

3 Likes

What’s done is done. One can only hope that the FDA comes back with clear guidance quickly and ok’s this vaccine much as the UK has done for AZ.

2 Likes

It’s worse than that. We all have approximately two minutes left to live!

Every time we breathe, it resets the clock.

3 Likes

I appreciate the vigilance on the part of the CDC. My dismay stems from the fact that after several months waiting to be age eligible, followed by three weeks waiting for my appointment, I have been sent back to the beginning with no indication yet how all the cancelled appointments will be rescheduled (my appointment was supposed to be tomorrow.) Also, if I get switched to Pfizer or Moderna, I immediately add 3 to 4 weeks to the process, so instead of being fully protected at the end of April, I may very well be looking at end May or even sometime in June.

2 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

Glad you clarified that last bit.

1 Like

Women aged 18-48 may want to know more!

It’s possible to toss a coin six times and come up with heads six times. What looks like certainty may still be randomness in disguise.

Sparse data are sparse data – not yet time to draw conclusions from what’s available in press reports.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is …that just because ambulances are at the scene of every fatal vehicle accident, they are not the cause of fatal accidents???

1 Like

I’ll have to get back to you on that.

Naw… That’s personal injury lawyers.

1 Like

The roll out has been far from what I would have recommended as a public health professional and it has been frustrating as hell. I hope you’ll get your shot soon!

1 Like

I thought they tossed 3,000,000 (male) coins and came up with 0 of these issues. That seems good enough to keep using, at least in the proposed targeted population.

1 Like

If what’s been reported is what there is, then maybe.

Man, how deeply f_cked do you have to be to wanna join Idaho? But, you know, by all means. These asshats haven’t been real Oregonians for a while now.

Welp. Mine got canceled. Sent me a reschedule link, but it was not specific to me. It was back to the free for all line and hope for the best. All booked. Gotta try again tomorrow.

Damn.

The J&J mess today cost me my appointment - I was scheduled for tomorrow. Vermont cancelled it and threw me back into the scheduling pool. The best I could find is Pfizer on May 13 - so another month to get a first shot, then 3 weeks plus 2 more to get full protection (9 weeks in all.) Frustrating. I do plan to do a daily search for cancellations in the hope that I can move this up a bit, but all the 30+ cohort got the OK to schedule this week and participation rates here have been north of 80% in every age group. If the J&J is allowed again in a week or so, maybe I’ll be able to find something then.

1 Like

Not 100% sure … but suspect a large part of that " don’t take before" is because those meds can mask a fever … so that temp check that they do when you arrive would become meaningless as a method to screen for active infections.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available