FBI To Vet National Guard Troops Due To Fear Of Insider Attack At Inauguration

Not to sound like a deep-state conspiracy theorist, but it is possible that they already have a lot of data (social media and other on-line activity) that they just have to mine.

6 Likes

Yes, and the next question is: what is the threshold for disqualifying someone?

My guess is that like the enlisted military, half the NG are Trump supporters, maybe more. They voted for him, not Biden. Too many to disqualify on the basis of social media posts supporting Trump, unless they actually promote violence. And if they’ve done that, then why haven’t they been kicked out of the Guard already?

3 Likes

Just now

11 Likes

And two days to do it? Plus replace whomever they find they need to remove?

Is this the result of the Trump denigration of every branch of government, or were we simply always living in a fool’s paradise in this country?

9/11 comes to my mind.

@carolson as well

4 Likes

“Why did this image just pop into my head”

You’ve obviously gone “Mad”.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Has anyone heard about this?

7 Likes
6 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Anwar Sadat could not be reached for comment.

6 Likes

It goes back farther than that, to the Republican primary. The Republicans couldn’t quarantine him, couldn’t out trump Trump, and now they want Democratic pols to again clean up the mess they made.

15 Likes

During my first trip to Moscow (1969) I noticed there were uniformed Soviet soldiers in groups marching all over Red Square. Curiously they were not “white” but likely from the far eastern Asian and southern republics of the USSR. I asked and was told that was standard. Apparently they feared if there was a rebellion of some sort Asian or Muslim soldiers would be more likely to shoot white protesters.

6 Likes

Sadat’s assassination is exactly what I fear might happen today.

6 Likes

Another dumspter fire? :grinning:

3 Likes

Neither could Indira Gandhi.

10 Likes

The big problem behind all of this is the fact that so many right-wing LEOs comprise law enforcement agences, and if we got rid of them, we’d be seriously depleted.

4 Likes

The Russians learned that from the Ottoman Janisaries.

2 Likes

But who’s vetting the vetters? What if they’re in on it too? I want ANZAC officers and troops on the ground in DC.

1 Like

Y’know, one of the aims of a terrorist is to, well, TERRORIZE people. That part of their job is done. As for the rest, we just have to hope that those who are actually sworn to “protect and defend” will do their damn jobs. And once again, let’s not generalize that every police and FBI officer or member of the military is a MAGAT. I would suggest that this would be a very good time to make the inauguration a fully-private ceremony. I think Bill Maher suggested this on his last show. Biden, his wife and CJ Roberts; that’s all we really need.

10 Likes

I don’t know if that is necessary, Republican in Congress never do anything…:wink:

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available