FBI To Vet National Guard Troops Due To Fear Of Insider Attack At Inauguration

Yes, superficial indeed.

38% of white males it looks like:

This is a gain from 2016.

6 Likes

Normative pressure. It’s what has kept teenagers causing their parents problems for ages.

And it works

2 Likes

Yes. Democrats have not won majority of white male vote since LBJ.

1 Like

If there was any doubt before that posters in The Hive are not normative…

Which they will constantly bitch and whine about.

2 Likes

Have to get ready to go run an errand and didn’t click on that, but I understand the mechanics of how pernicious ideas spread. I just don’t get how people can believe the obviously stupid ones, being fairly skeptical myself. Of course one of the smartest people I know is fascinated by cryptozoology, and I realized he just enjoys life more thinking such things are possible. I’m similar in some ways, and will at least entertain the more exciting prospects before saying “Nah.” Color me Ellie Arroway in this scene, going “Da fuq?”

3 Likes

There needs to be a top-to-bottom cleansing of the LEOs. And don’t worry about being depleted of LEOs, we have too many as it is. And think of all the money we’ll save that we can use to fund social programs.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Insider threat is one of the hardest to mitigate for any security operation. Background checking is one element, access control is another, perhaps most important is behavior observation by peers and supervisors. Overwatch snipers would have highest level of clearance while a guardsman standing post at the outer perimeter, relatively less. This is not “fear” of insider threat, merely routine, prudent threat mitigation.

1 Like
5 Likes

But that would deprive upwards of 75 million people the white supremacist qualities they want an LEO to have. Is that fair?

1 Like

All because of that divisive Obama.

But would provide 81 million Americans with the unbiased and fair law enforcement they want.

2 Likes

Picky, picky, picky . . . .

The end of this nightmare is officially less than 48 hours away…

57204f9b-69f1-4228-9707-b2a275d64859

… yet still feels like 4 years away

6 Likes

From a crabby aunt

1 Like

But in a democracy the views and needs of the minority need served, the tyranny of the majority is anathema to our government. Half the nation are racists, fascists, xenophobes, homophobes, misogynists and ultra-nationalists. Their needs must be met too.

Trump will no longer have the powers of the presidency

It’s like saying a fighter pilot (not a drone-master :sunglasses:), miles away from his plane, cannot strafe or missile-lock a target.

2 Likes

YEA, agree 1000%, why in a county that has a total of <6000 residents there is a police force of at least 3 found in every town (even in an unincorporated town of 25), 50 in the “city” of 2500 and that is just the local police. Now add in the county sheriff with a force of 25 and a state trooper barracks with 150 on staff (dedicated to exclusively patrolling the Interstate which is 25 miles north). The place I’m talking about is so small it does not even have a drunk tank holding cell. Now add in all the surplus military equipment, the county SWAT, and the separate city SWAT teams. Talk about being under siege.

ETA, and the social services staff, every single one of them in the county including the director, my sister, are on SNAP.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available