FBI Interviewed Top Trump WH Counsel About Missing Classified Docs

I was just saying to my wife last night that we’re being treated to a display of blazing competency. It’s a nice change.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure the person on the street sees or appreciates this. :confused:

5 Likes

Totally agree! It’s like a weight has been lifted.

That being said, though, here he is sucking up all the attention of the media again. Everything is about him, again. He has this unique ability to suck all the oxygen out of the room.

4 Likes

I heard jen psaki once bit off peter doocy’s head, spat it out, then bit it off again.

6 Likes

If you were watching from abroad or if you envisioned a dystopian novel it would have been amusing to laugh at the scandal du jour .
For most Americans it was no joke.

1 Like

Yeah, but in this case, it’s well deserved, and hopefully a disservice to his ‘movement.’
Besides, it gives the muckraking press something to do other than growing cobwebs or talking about how Kamala chose the wrong eye shadow.

1 Like

Yes – I was here and it was pretty horrific. Something I really wanted to end.
I found the experience traumatic at the time.
I will justify my distancing mechanisms by saying that they’re memories I want to keep at arms length for now.

4 Likes

How to speak Joiseyan…

11 Likes

Undoubtedly, since they were all government employees at the time they were serving as liaisons to the NA.

1 Like

But they ceased to be US gov employees approximately a week after they had the custodial “honor” bestowed upon them. Did their responsibilities cease after jan 20th 2021?

3 Likes

What, me worry?

6 Likes

So far as I understand it. The job was to coordinate getting Trump’s records over to the NA. Can’t really do that after getting kicked to the curb by the new administration.

You know what? I just realized I don’t have any idea who is serving as White House Counsel for Joe Biden.

ETA: So I googled “white house counsel” (without the quotes) and the answer doesn’t seem to appear on either of the first two pages of search results. Well played, Mr. Biden. Keepin’ his nose clean.

11 Likes

Richetti?

OT (and a bit surprising):

The aviation industry has large unions here in town, so it’s not as though unions are alien species here. But still.

9 Likes

ETA looked that up and found nothing on point, but did find a Steven Ricchetti - must not be seeing the name very much. But the correct answer seems to be Stuart Delery.

Extremely quiet out there.

3 Likes

Never heard of him, didn’t even know he assumed the position last month. Only reason I know the name of his predecessor now is that she’s named in the first paragraph of his Wikipedia entry.

3 Likes

The proverbial maytag repairman. But that will change if the gop takes either house of congress.

3 Likes

Nah, they’d be too focused on Hunter’s laptop and Italian space laser voter fraud to give a shit about anything inside the actual White House.

1 Like

And that’s exactly what we should be afraid of.

Ain’t skeered. Zoo monkeys gonna fling their poo.

3 Likes

I thought reporting pretty clearly indicated the surveillance cameras recorded boxes being moved in and out of the storage area.

Concern about who was going in and out. Yes, coukd easily be a factor. Also, an authorized security officer is supposed to accompany everyone getting into a room holding classified material, a room that is supposed to be secure to the nth degree—a padlock from the lical hardware store doesn’t cut it. Unaccompanied people wandering in and out of that storage room would be a security nightmare.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available