FBI Interviewed Top Trump WH Counsel About Missing Classified Docs

Pat Cipollone and Patrick Philbin, former Trump White House counsel and deputy, were reportedly interviewed by the FBI in recent months regarding missing sensitive documents that were stored at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort after he left office, three people familiar with the matter told the New York Times.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1429250

“It’s not their’s it’s mine”
How did the memorabilia defense work for OJ?

24 Likes

“It’s not theirs, it’s mine."

He sees everything this way - money, classified documents, the presidency the country, Ivanka.

Just like the fat, spoiled fucking brat that he is.

18 Likes

It’s not hearsay, it’s statement of a party opponent.

18 Likes

Cipollone and Philbin were reportedly tasked with acting as Trump’s representatives in dealing with the National Archives in Jan. 2021, shortly before Trump left office.

This is misleading via omission. There were seven people in all who got that last-minute “custodial” assignment, one of them being meadowmuffins.

19 Likes

Has anyone heard from Meadows? Is he in Witsec?

24 Likes

“It’s not theirs, it’s mine,” several advisers recalled Trump telling them,

L’etat c’est moi, n’cest pas?
Kinda like Jared with “our PPE” during the early days of the pandemic.
It seems fair to suppose they thought they’d been elected to be the ruling class. Or, were recognized as such.

22 Likes

Pat Cipollone and Patrick Philbin, former Trump White House counsel and deputy

…and if I can get in a pre-emptive strike vs. the usual “hurr, durr, disbar! Disbar!”, it is extremely unlikely cipollone or philbin (or herschman) committed any crimes in that white house, and even less likely that they would get caught if they did. Being the attorney whose job is to say “don’t step in it” does not make you the guy who did step in it.

20 Likes

He’s trying to find the place he listed on his north carolina voter registration.

32 Likes

Officials subsequently issued a subpoena to retrieve surveillance footage of the hallway outside a storage room at Mar-a-Lago and saw something that raised concerns,

I’m actually quite surprised Trump agreed to this and didn’t run crying to his base about it like they’re his support animal.

10 Likes

The two Patsies.

13 Likes

Meadows are grass fields where bulls crap.

11 Likes

I get the feeling they’re having second thoughts about taking that name.

6 Likes

“Cipollone and Philbin were reportedly tasked with acting as Trump’s representatives in dealing with the National Archives in Jan. 2021 . . .”

MOOPS. So, how did that go? Will these two knuckleheads be charged with lying to the FBI?

5 Likes

But that’s not important right now… :smiley:

13 Likes

What’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine too.

20 Likes

Officials subsequently issued a subpoena to retrieve surveillance footage of the hallway outside a storage room at Mar-a-Lago and saw something that raised concerns, the Times reported.

Is it possible that it isn’t what they saw, but just maybe who they saw getting access to the storage room that raised concerns???

23 Likes

Homing in on patsies for Trump indeed.

4 Likes

I should have added, “And stop calling me Shirley” just to be obvious. :smiley:

7 Likes

Counterintelligence officials with the DOJ’s national security division visited Mar-a-Lago in June to obtain remaining documents labeled with classified information.

When the head of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section of the DOJ’s National Security Division comes personally to visit your home, you can damn well be sure he ain’t there for pleasantries, home-made muffins, or trivial documents, classified or otherwise. Even Trump should have seen coming what eventually came down.

28 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available