FBI, DHS Joint Bulletin Warns Of Uptick In ‘Violent Threats’ Against Fed Officials And Facilities - TPM – Talking Points Memo

He could try but it would be a breathtakingly stupid argument. He was, after all, the President of the United States.

ETA: his personal lawyers should never even have had access to Top Secret documents. Sharing them with his lawyers to obtain advice on their confidentiality would likely in and of itself be a significant violation of law.

7 Likes

Yes–Mariotti addresses that later on in the thread.

1 Like

Remember when we had to quickly remove a high level source from within the Russian government because of a fear Trump would dox him? One of emptywheel’s colleagues certainly does. Very interesting article about how Garland wasn’t just speaking to Trump, his own colleagues at FBI/DoJ, and Americans, but perhaps most importantly to our allies across the world.

14 Likes

Exactly! They only “back the blue” when the blue is hurting and killing POC or when they’re pretending to be patriotic. Otherwise, they have absolutely no use for them.

No lawyer will let that asshole get anywhere near the witness stand. Plus, cameras aren’t allowed in federal courtrooms, so testifying wouldn’t be very fun for him.

11 Likes

I’ve seen the “Meal Team … ” meme and I giggle like a child every time I read it.

3 Likes

Helped storm the Capital on J6th.

5 Likes

So the party of Law and Order defies and despises the Rule of Law.

5 Likes

The court artists drawings of Trump will convey the appearance of a sad old man.

7 Likes

It’s hard to parody the absurd of the absurdest man on planet Earth.

3 Likes

It seems that they were really saying “Backstab the Blue.”

5 Likes

Trump’s rebuttal is “I don’t listen to doo-doo heads!”.

3 Likes

The possible charges for mishandling classified documents are low-hanging fruit.

There could be more possible charges and the FBI is investigating such contingencies.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get some sketches of Donnie flying into a rage.

2 Likes

Will the orange pallor turn to red?

1 Like

That will be something (sorry about my "spastic typing’; errors corrected)

1 Like

:eyes:

ETA. Upon listening to the vidclip, Dilanian presented this scenario as a hypothetical. Someone is begging for clicks.

7 Likes

I’m out for the afternoon: happy reading, all.

2 Likes

They’re saving it for the Great Antifa False Flag Riots of 2022.

2 Likes

Sumbitch.

5 Likes

I had to look a second time to see the “45th” at the end of the first line. He’s really jonesing for that title.

2 Likes