Fauci Was In Surgery As Feds Scaled Back Testing Guidelines, Says He Is Concerned About Their Interpretation | Talking Points Memo

Technical term for Giror - lying sack of shit. Look it up.

5 Likes
7 Likes

How is this “conversation” even occurring? I thought we were playing past this bullshit about asymptomatics in fucking March. What is wrong with people? Unreal. Trump is a straight up murderer.

1 Like

Oh, yeah. She is a Fox News/Michelle Malkin/ etc all the way. She’s convinced that no hospitals were overrun. She told me that 90% of deaths were of people over 80 in nursing homes. She said the 175,000 deaths out of 300 million people was not much. (I said tell it to their families). I told her there were 1,000+ people a day dying in the US of covid. She scoffed. I repeated it and she softened a little bit and said really? So in 3 days we will have 178,000 dead? I said Yup. I told her that the virus is moving into the 20-50 age crowd now. She said how many of them are sick (she meant showing symptoms). I said I didn’t know. She’s stuck between you’re fine or you’re dead, nothing in between, no mention of the long term health effects. And then she started in on how many people a year die of the flu and why didn’t we ever wear masks during flu season? That we are not going to make this go away, just like all the other coronaviruses, so we have to live normally. (I didn’t think to tell her SARS and MERS went away). Then she told me they were counting flu deaths as COVID. I said this isn’t flu season. She said some shit about the CDC records and asked me how many of the flu deaths from October 2019 to March 2020 were counted as COVID? I told her no one had ever heard of COVID19 in October and it wasn’t in this country. Still not convinced. And her 76 year old mother lives with her and has terrible asthma, had a lobe of a lung removed from cancer (last year), had to use oxygen from time to time, has COPD and pulmonary issues and more. But my coworker and her husband are back out to restaurants, relatives from another State came to stay with them, friends from North Carolina came up and stayed a week. Maybe she wants to kill off her mother?

5 Likes

A third thing: a 10 point lead is not “mere”. At that level, it’s big.
In November:
Clinton over Trump by 3 pts
Obama over Romney by 4 pts
Obama over McCain by 9 pts
Bush over Kerry by 1 pt.

1 Like

Don’t know how you don’t resign at this point if this wasn’t the result of wink and nod collusion.

3 Likes

Giroir is a liar. This is Scott Atlas, Peter Navarro, Jared Kushner, and Mike Pence meddling on Trump’s behalf. There was a reason Kudlow spoke about Covid in the past tense. He knew about this change and what it will do.

5 Likes

I consider myself to be a gentle soul and to be, in the loose sense of the word, a Christian.
And yet this morning I found myself wishing Larry Kudlow would get the virus.
It’s very confusing.

6 Likes

Ironically, if state reporting isn’t suppressed, this incredibly stupid decision will lead to a much higher percentage of tests coming in positive even as absolute numbers decline. And that’s going to spook people if it’s reported. (It will also, of course, deprive public health officials of vital information about prevalence in the community, but as I said elsewhere when you’ve already killed 170,000 people a few thousand extra doesn’t seem like a big deal.)

2 Likes

with school kids being forced back when there locale isn’t ready for it and with half the college students out to lunch, the cases will balloon. deaths to follow. the solution: cut back testing? we are fucked.

2 Likes

you are absolutely right. the problem with the investigation route is that Trump will obstruct, Barr will aid and abet the obstruction, the Gops in the House, like Jordan and Gaetz and Gohmert will scream their asses off, and Mitch’s boys in the Senate will disappear, scratching their heads. in the near term we are totally fucked. in the long term there needs to be criminal responsibility. we need to have our reps in congress start to accumulate the evidence.

1 Like

Dig Giroir’s logic. Because a given test might not catch an infection, you don’t need a test at all.

Like saying that because some auto accidents are not survivable even if you’re wearing seatbelts, you should stop wearing seatbelts. Not just nonsense, but homicidal nonsense.

4 Likes

No, you get admitted to the hospital with respiratory symptoms you get a COVID test. It won’t change the ‘deaths’ but it will change the ‘infected’ numbers.

They aren’t greedy: they are desperate.

Maybe she does want to kill her mother but if she does I bet she’ll be sorry just the same.

This is SIMPLE: more testing is better than less testing!

The only people who would have a problem with that observation are those who are not 100% trying to get this virus under control.

1 Like

It just never ends. And Trump can’t say YOSEMITE right, he said YO-SEM-ITE (like calling out to a biblical person who was Semitic) and I saw him pronounce United States, United SCHTATES once.

Make TRUMP take the cognitive test ‘again’ if he wants Biden drug tested.

less in areas where its not needed

Where would that be, exactly? A houseboat on Great Bear Lake?

1 Like

Wrong side of the foul line.

Not so much in the Trans-Pecos. Maybe a small majority, including county governments, but lots of folk resent masks (even though they wear them when they have to) and think the virus is overblown.