Fauci Suggests Trump’s COVID Adviser Is ‘Outlier’

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Monday joined fellow White House coronavirus task members Dr. Deborah Birx and Centers for Disease Control Director Dr. Robert Redfield in expressing his concerns that President Trump’s new favorite COVID-19 adviser, Dr. Scott Atlas, is feeding the President misinformation amid the pandemic.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1334800
1 Like

Fauci Suggests Trump’s COVID Adviser Is ‘Outlier’ On WH Coronavirus Task Force

I don’t think the headline accurately reflects Fauci’s quote. I believe Fauci said Not-Doctor Atlas is an "outted-liar."

11 Likes

In every week that the nice Dr. Fauci has been sitting down and amicably working out differences with a quack conservative know-nothing, more that three thousand American heroes have died. That one 9-11 scale event every week. That’s one Vietnam War every 3-4 months.

45,000 cases today, over 750 Americans dead.

6 Likes

“Outlier”

Tony Fauci has developed quite a skill at wry understatement.

21 Likes

Doesn’t matter if he is, if he is the only one drump is listening to.

5 Likes

Good to see a bit of cover for Redfield’s belated criticism of Atlas.

10 Likes

When asked about whether Redfield and Atlas are working together or working against each other, Fauci replied that “most” members of the White House coronavirus are before appearing to suggest that Atlas is an “outlier.”

“Well, most are working together,” Fauci said. “I think, you know who the outlier is.”

We also know that here, “outlier” is a polite way of saying “raving loon”.

17 Likes

Atlas is telling Trump what he wants to hear, that what he’s proposing will get the economy back up to speed. Olivia Troye said Trump understands what the doctors are saying, he gets it, but doesn’t care.
If Atlas told Trump that those who wear dead fish head on a string around the neck would protect the wearer Trump would order us to do that, he won’t wear it but others must.

10 Likes

And by that I mean, he is out lying most of the time.

11 Likes

“Dr. Fauci is just a disgruntled former member of my coronavirus task force.”

5 Likes

Fauci is old enough just to call it, force Trump to fire him. The reality is that the fake Stanford Doctor “Atlas” (who by the way looks like a sociopath if you watch his eyes) is just trying to scare up a FOX news job, and lying about covid-19 is the way to score that plum FOX grift.

Just come out and say it.

11 Likes

I think he meant to say, ‘Out there’.

4 Likes

…and I barely knew the guy. I think he fetched covfefe, once.

7 Likes

I’m kind of afraid to ask, but, um, what exactly is Atlas’s position on bleach injections?

7 Likes

Should a radiologist be lecturing the president on Interferon response? This is what covid does to a cell.

6 Likes

“outlier”

Isn’t that some of that suspect scientific data-driven lingo?

3 Likes

Well when that radiologist got himself on Fox News…then yes Trump will listen to him. Atlas has been cast as the knowing expert in this Trump production.

3 Likes

I believe the word is “LIAR” not outlier.

7 Likes

I’d like to see Trump questioned about Atlas in the debate.

Could happen. It’s a headline. Wallace tends to ask about what’s in the news.

6 Likes

“Outhouse” would be a more apt term for Scott Atlas, Dr. Fauci.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available