Fauci: It’s Been ‘Several Months’ Since Trump Last Showed Up At COVID Task Force Meeting

The COVID-19 expert also said that Trump pays less attention to him these days than Scott Atlas…

I’d be surprised to learn that Atlas pays any attention at all to Fauci.

2 Likes

As I listened to Trump’s explosive verbal diarrhea last night, among the approximately 1000 false things he managed to squeeze into the hour he went off on COVID 19 mainly afflicting blue states - again. I just looked at the Worldometer and sure enough, if you rearrange the states by those with the most cases per 1 million population, the first 17 are all red states that went for Trump in 2016. You have to go all the way to NV at number 18 to find your first “blue” state. It is a level of lying rarely achieved - you have to go to Bernie Madoff or L. Ron Hubbard to find someone comparable to Trump.

9 Likes

From the article

The administration has been open with its frustration at the obstacles to firing poor performers.

This is surely Trump code for those who aren’t interested in kissing the ring and adopting Trump’s vision of autocracy/nepotism.

7 Likes

You know, Donnie doesn’t do Task Force because that four eyed, know it all, nerd Fauci is there. Just not cool when it makes the Don look dumb. Say something like drink bleach and Fauci gets all fascist about it. Just not cool man, just not cool.

5 Likes

I had to look up feculence.
Great word for Trump!

3 Likes

Why would he go when he’s already decided how the pandemic should be dealt with?
Based in part on his approving citation of, “people getting used to it,” at the debate, I’m prepared to go with ‘herd mentality’ as his chosen solution. And it has been for a long time: Atlas was hired to advocate for it after it’d been selected.
And the hoi prolloi? They’re just gonna have to get used to their lives being cheap. Hence, it’s a good thing they’ve started moving in that direction.

3 Likes

Oh, Dr. Fauci. You guys stopped doing the “why I thank G*d for Donald Trump” prayer chain at the beginning of your meetings. You really can’t expect him to attend anything that doesn’t have that on the minutes now, can you?

3 Likes

Bringing you the latest from TMZ, as your TPM gossip gal:

8 Likes

Why should Trump care anyway? What’s in it for him?

4 Likes

I’m sorry, but isn’t that … you know, a matter of laws? You know, like the kind you need Congress to act on in order to make changes? Not just an imperial decree, I mean executive order?

3 Likes

This is a fine neologism, combing feces, flatulence and fecklessness, all of which are PP’s only attributes.

4 Likes

Meanwhile, in the real world, U.S. hits all-time high in daily new coronavirus cases.

2 Likes

Dr. Anthony “Ice Cold” Fauci. Throws the Murderer-in-Chief under the bus with unemotional scientific precision.

2 Likes

So did I. And the etymology is pleasing, too.

From Middle French feculent , from Latin faeculentus , from faex .

(I’ll save you the trouble of following the breadcrumbs: “faex” means sediment or dregs. Great word for the whole damn administration.)

3 Likes

Fauci:

‘Several Months’ Since Trump Last Showed Up At COVID Task Force Meeting …

… and …

1 Like

So indicative of a person who can’t maintain focus for more than thirty seconds. He thinks they are talking about the same thing everytime only because it is Greek to him. It kills him to listen to anyone more than ten seconds more than likely.

2 Likes

Why would trump show up for something that’s no longer a threat cuz he said it wasn’t and that means it hasta go away…magically. Becuz he said so and any virus knows that when donald speaks you must listen cuz stable genius said so. Wait. they have ears don’t they?? Err yeah, I guess not.
Just a strand of RNA, no ears, no brain, nuthin…

That’s Donnie, all right…

If he attended, he might learn something, but he’s not capable of that. All that he could do is distract and disrupt.So, not attending is the most honorable thing he’s done in 4 years.

Worldometer reports 903 new deaths today in US, 81,143 new cases in U.S., and a total of 229,284 deaths to date.

1 Like