Far-Right Legislators Who Made McCarthy Fight For Speakership Don’t Sound Keen On This Deal

As details of the deal struck between the White House and Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy’s negotiators emerged through the weekend, it became clear that some of the furthest-right members of the House are not pleased.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1459034

Frist!

Obligatory cat pic:

37 Likes

Chip Roy: A dick with a Van Dyke.

21 Likes

Maybe first. Alas no cute cat pic.

I wonder if the Freedom Fascism Caucus is less concerned about the deal then their loss of influence.

20 Likes

49 Likes

Well when you’re an old yeller, you have to yell at everything.

13 Likes

Was hoping for a cat but got this instead. What a downer on Memorial Day. :wink:

6 Likes

@BarbMcQuade
(https://twitter.com/BarbMcQuade)

Charges reportedly coming after Memorial Day in Mar-a-Lago case. I’ll discuss with
[@mehdirhasan] at 8:35 pm ET on

@MehdiHasanShow on MSNBC

25 Likes

Those old yellers are pretty good fart smellers.

5 Likes

Fixed!

1 Like

I guess the former guy has hit the nose candy early today. Happy Memorial Day to the soldiers killed in service to our country? Can’t wait to hear what he says when the next indictment hits him.

29 Likes
24 Likes

Yeah and it’s too bad his Dad didn’t wrap his.

6 Likes

The Horse Feathers caucus is only a small portion of the total House. The House doesn’t want to go down in history as destroying the economy - that philosophy is shared by few in the House. I suspect the HFC will be relegated to the background with this, even though they may try to add amendments (which won’t be accepted) to make this a poison pill.

14 Likes

35 Likes

How about this little storefront in Bogota? (courtesy of Kevin Drum):
smaller_dos_gatos_y_simone copy 2

25 Likes

“I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

8 Likes

That’s no cat. That’s trump after the primary election when he gets washed away. Of course he will throw a massive hissy fit and blame leftist artificial intelligence programs run by Soros or some sort of space laser alien intelligence.

btw… I hope your kitty forgave you after that horrible bath experience.

10 Likes

That turd.
trump has zero understanding of serving in the military or real patriotism anyway. Everything always is about him and his fucking needs.
Memorial Day is not a “happy go lucky” care free day. It should be somber since we are remembering those who served. It should not ever be political but that is what this puke trump makes it. My family has served. And bled. trump never has nor has anyone in his family. He himself is a 5 time draft dodger with fake “bone spurs” in his heels that supposedly prevent him from marching. What a puke.
In my opinion as a non-lawyer… we are way late in charging dear donnie. Then giving him a trial convicting him and then throwing his fat slovenly ass in prison. Due process an alla that.

22 Likes

I’m shocked that anti-American terrorists in Congress are upset that their attempt at hostage shooting is not going well.

23 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available