Far-Right Legislators Who Made McCarthy Fight For Speakership Don’t Sound Keen On This Deal

Yes. Innit sad? Poor biddies. They lost their binkey,

3 Likes

But they do hold over him the ability to challenge his speakership should he displease them.

LOL, who are they going to try and replace him with?

This is the biggest empty threat I’ve seen in years.

8 Likes

Replacement would be Matt Gaetz
As some have pointed out …legislating is not what the goobers are about. Performance art for the cameras is what they want. Legislating is boring. Yelling at a camera is fun

10 Likes

MTG of course! Who else has the command of House rules like she does? Plus, she demands the respect of all the House members who will immediately fall in line when she strikes her gavel. It’s like watching Leonard Bernstein conduct the Berlin Philharmonic.

6 Likes

Well, at least Manchin is happy with the deal.

15 Likes

If the HFC wants cut the budget, why don’t issue a budget bill? Regular order through the House Budget Committee and all that.

They can’t and won’t because they are sniveling little cowards. They know when they cut programs by name people might notice.

13 Likes
32 Likes

The right wing in Congress got their chance to grandstand and express their inevitable faux-indignation. For them, this was the outcome that they wanted, at least short of total victory.

5 Likes

Marge is an old hand when it comes to a game of inches.

Donnie had to be shamed into that phone call. Empathy does not exist within him.

16 Likes

Is anyone else out there picturing Qevin as “Chip” (Kevin Bacon) in “Animal House” in the initiation scene? “Thank you sir, may I have another?” Cuz that’s what he should be going through.

4 Likes

From your fingertips to His ears!

:wink:

8 Likes

This is what bothers me about Biden. He knows we can’t continue building fossil fuel infrastructure and emitting CO2. We’re still hostage to the oil industry when we should be trying to shut it down. I don’t see any way out of this other than just letting the Earth’s systems wipe us out.

3 Likes

The heat death of the universe will occur after memorial day too.

23 Likes

It’s the voters’ poor choices that set all of this up. If those few NY Republicans hadn’t been elected (and a couple in CA I think?), everything is changed. Politicians don’t elect themselves.

19 Likes

To those whom we commemorate this Memorial Day, may we live up to and be worthy of your service and sacrifice, and may your service and sacrifice not be in vain.

16 Likes

I’m all down with having some splitters.
Like, could we get a brand fucking new alt right political party for all the Freedom Kaukus congress critters??
That’ll show the RINOs who really leads the people!

On the positive side, getting Manchin on board with Biden’s negotiation with McCarthy might be one reason why Dems got such a relatively good outcome on the budget deal. Biden removed a Senate roadblock that McCarthy and McConnell wanted to use.

The House nutjobs wanted to reverse basically all of Biden’s climate change laws enacted in the first half of his term. Some of that might have gone into the deal without this move. So I guess that’s the positive spin on this pipeline deal.

29 Likes

It’s insurance to keep Manchin on our side. We’re going to need it.

21 Likes

Those that won’t or don’t vote help.

On a micro level; being part of the environmental group at my building, I created a survey about future bike storage and other related matters. I hoped to get a good idea about our real needs. Less than 50% of the residence responded. I’m flummoxed by that.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available