Fani Willis Can Stay On Trump RICO Case, If She Fires Prosecutor

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis must fire the prosecutor with whom she had a relationship or leave the case, a judge in the case ordered on Friday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1483535
1 Like

Do it, and move on. End this sideshow today,

62 Likes

Great! Now can we move forward with a conviction!!!

23 Likes

I can live with this decision. Now try the bastards and convict them!

48 Likes

Wade should resign. If he cares at all for Fani, he will.

19 Likes

Easiest choice ever.
cddad8722c53a01d19fe9e4d3f56af64

22 Likes

I assume a letter and check are already on their way to him.

17 Likes

Okay great.
Now can we just get on with the case?
Or will there be another bullshit filing meant only to muddy the waters again?

19 Likes

NYT:

• Mr. Trump and his co-defendants could appeal the judge’s ruling, as could Ms. Willis, further delaying the proceedings and leaving the matter unresolved indefinitely. The state’s Republican-led Senate is also reviewing the conflict-of-interest accusations, and lawmakers have empowered a new oversight commission to investigate and potentially remove prosecutors.
20 Likes

Which is better for the case ?

• Fani fires Wade
    or
  • Wade resigns
3 Likes

Wade resigns.

21 Likes

Still not sure what she did wrong…

and now she’s pissed.

8 Likes

Prosecuting whites while black.

55 Likes

So they succeeded in removing a prosecutor they kept saying wasn’t qualified to be prosecutor and didn’t have enough experience. So now DA Willis can get a new more experienced prosecutor. Congratulations to team trump and his co-defendants!

28 Likes

I said elsewhere that she hit the trifecta. She’s female, black, and is going after the criminal mob boss.

Good comment here:

She offered the case to others before him. There were no optics. This was throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. This is the very reason the others didn’t want to take the case. Sad when Trumps’ vision of America where certain people can do whatever they want is normalized. Meanwhile, in Florida, someone he gave a lifetime job that they’re not qualified for continues to muck up the documents case without much scrutiny at all from the same media.

If Georgia continues the witch hunt, I hope it bites republicans in their white asses.

53 Likes

Literally nothing actually wrong. Instead, she did something that the judge said looks wrong and so she’s got to shitcan Wade. Mind you the only reason it looks wrong is because the Defendants brought it up. It’s a decision based not on the law so much as it is on placating the Defendants’ supporters.

36 Likes

My biggest concern about this whole thing is that it has to make one question Willis’s competency. Having an affair with your co-prosecutor when you’re going after a former president is so blatantly stupid.

21 Likes

The fact Wade had not resigned long ago using the “distraction” excuse is mind boggling.

28 Likes

Instead of finding an actual conflict of interest, McAfee identified a “significant appearance of impropriety that infects the current structure of the prosecution team.”
… … … …
But it’s ok for the defendant to screw around, right?

19 Likes

Dumping one of the lead prosecutors?

Awesome. :neutral_face:

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available