Ex-Top FBI Lawyer: Trump Owes Apology | Talking Points Memo

The former top FBI lawyer during the Russia probe believes that President Trump owes him and the rest of the FBI an apology after the release of the Department of Justice inspector general’s report.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1267483
1 Like

Yes, and we’ll all be waiting for that apology that you’ll never get from someone that doesn’t know the meaning of the word.

23 Likes

That, and the devil is passing out ice skates.

13 Likes

Just remember this:

15 Likes

owes him and the rest of the FBI an apology

lol
Not even Santa can bring you that present.

11 Likes

Central Park Five on Line One, Mr. Baker …

22 Likes

I don’t care if Trump ever apologizes at all.

Baker was speaking to more people than Trump. And I am extremely pleased he came out with this today. It is very important. For Baker. For the FBI. For the country.

27 Likes

:joy:

7 Likes

A very improper set of behavior on Durham’s part.

11 Likes

Unlikely to happen, but this is one of the ways you move the conversation. Take it as given that trump was wrong, and try to get people talking about why he won’t apologize and why he won’t admit it.

ETA: Let’s all remember that this is the same IG who gave trump cover for firing Comey. He’s as far in the tank for his bosses as he can be without saying things he knows to be false.

8 Likes

He’s trashed his reputation for no good reason.

15 Likes

He’s an Obama appointee.
Known for being both scrupulous and impartial.

6 Likes

Read some of Josh’s old pieces about the bureaucratic mindset. He is scrupulous and impartial, but he also wants to give his superiors the result they want.

ETA: And my point is that he couldn’t give them anything like the result they wanted without lying, so he didn’t.

4 Likes

Anyone more awake than I am want to take a stab at explaining this point, thanks.

4 Likes

Prove it.

2 Likes

So he’s following dear leader’s example and making shit up?

5 Likes

And once again Benjamin Wittes is defending the indefensible when it comes to Durham by holding out and saying the public should give him a chance, as he did with Barr before he was confirmed and before he messed with the Mueller report. He essentially kept saying Barr was a reliable, above-board institutionalist that had a good reputation within DoJ. He was so wrong on so many levels. I’m surprised he made another appearance to try this same bullshit again with regards to Durham. Some people never learn or their wishful thinking leads them astray way to easily.

6 Likes

As was Barr at one time, albeit to a lesser degree. (OK, maybe only the scrupulous part). It is eerily true: ETTD. Everything.

1 Like

Barr was never, ever impartial or scrupulous.
He has always been a liar, a fraud, and a right-wing fixer with no discernible ethics or scruples.

14 Likes

Not only that but lifelong pensions should be reinstated for those FBI officials that were fired weeks before retirement because of the pettya$$ hissy fit of ‘POTUS’.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available