Ex-Top FBI Lawyer: Trump Owes Apology | Talking Points Memo

for examples,

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/14/684553791/william-barr-supported-pardons-in-an-earlier-d-c-witch-hunt-iran-contra#

9 Likes

You notice that Bill Barr and his hand picked prosecutor are cool aide drinkers.

1 Like

Well, that ‘was’ true before Barr became AG. I don’t blame Wittes for any of this.

Chuck Rosenberg who is as anti-Trump as they come and he said the same thing about Barr, the guy whom Chuck believed would be a good and fair AG.

But DJT does not want GOOD and FAIR; he wants HIS GUY and that is all there is to that.

3 Likes

These men are Institutionalists.

In their own way, they are extremely harmful, because people tend to look up to them.

2 Likes

Let’s not forget Giuliani and his buddies are hard at work cooking up the evidence. Last heard he is still writing it up and will soon release his bombshell.

In private, Barr has been pressuring Durham to pursue and validate conspiracy theories from Fox.

After all, that’s what Barr’s Bizarro Cover Letter did: it revived a bunch of the conspiracy theories that have been circulating out in the right-wing fever swamp – the same conspiracy theories that the IG report was supposed to put an end to.

My Nazi trivia is rusty: who was Hitler’s minister of propaganda? Goebbels? Well, Barr is that guy. He protects the Extorter-in-Chief from the law by kicking up a bunch of dust.

Barr belongs in prison.

9 Likes

Just the kind of people Drumpf was supposed to rid us of. It’s not the cool aid, it’s the methamphetamine.

1 Like

“I found it really quite surprising and just not appropriate under these circumstances given what he said and given what the IG had found,” Baker said.

I take your point, Mr. Baker, but I’m surprised that you’re surprised.

3 Likes

Does Trump have some sort of mesmerizing power that bedazzles supposed institutionalists like Barr and Durham? To paraphrase Richard Bolt’s “A Man for All Seasons”: "It profit a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world…but for Trump?”

Durham: “The DOJ is irrelevant to our pursuit of the truth. We put great stock in conspiracy theories espoused by Breitbart and everything that issues forth from trump’s ass.”

To be serious for a moment, we don’t know what Durham is going to bring in as evidence. One CIA man, Michael Morell, says he is concerned that Durham wants to call into question analysis by CIA analysts. “I see a DOJ review of whether or not the intelligence analysts made the right call as wholly inappropriate.” He says that “[Durham] and his team could well impose a law enforcement standard in coming to a conclusion — a much higher bar than exists in the intelligence community for analytic judgments.”

As quoted in Washington Examiner, 12/10/2019.

I am agnostic as to whether the CIA should or should not be held to account for its analyses.

More like a collage, or a ransom note?

2 Likes

When people get involved in a cult that says the world will end on a particular day and the day passes without incident, most do not realize that their cult has been proven wrong - they simply find an explanation for why the original prediction wasn’t perfect and quickly gather “data” to make a new erroneous prediction. It was in studying this phenomenon that the term “cognitive dissonance” was first coined.

Trump and his followers will never admit he was wrong about anything - they are quite capable of justifying everything he says and does, no matter how apparently incorrect from the outside, because his anger, racism, ignorance and hatred of everything they hate makes him feel so right. Everything else is just annoying details that have nothing to do with the intrinsic “rightness” of the man to whom they have pledged their undying faith.

The ability to admit you are wrong is actually a rare and precious quality.

2 Likes

yes

1 Like

Nobody in the FBI initiated or carried out the investigation with a partisan motive, and nobody in the FBI was willing to lie for Trumpp and say otherwise, so Barr is subcontracting his disinformation project to wretched hives of scum and villainy in the US and abroad.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available