Ex-GOP Rep: Not Many GOPers Would Be ‘In The Search Party’ If Trump Went Missing | Talking Points Memo

Former Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-VA) on Sunday argued that if former President Trump disappeared, many Republicans would not be in “the search party,” following Senate Republicans using their first legislative filibuster to block the Jan. 6 commission.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1375879

He is not going away because they didn’t and won’t do the hard work to get rid of him.

47 Likes

Until some of Trump’s ass-kissers turn on him, these stories mean nothing. Let me know when the mouth-breathers abandon him. All the Charlie Dents and Barbara Comstocks don’t move the needle one bit.

23 Likes

“I mean, if Donald Trump disappeared tomorrow, I don’t think you’d have many Republicans in the search party. Maybe a few prosecutors, but not Republicans."

It would be great if we could test this hypothesis …

On a permanent basis. Extremely permanent.

Disappear or be convicted. Both would be fine.

20 Likes

Actually of the opinion the more they stick like remoras to his copious keister the payoff won’t be as big as they hope.

9 Likes

editor Needs to Update Te Netanyahu poSt.

8 Likes

True dat. Ironically, the 2nd impeachment made it as easy as it could have been and they still whiffed it.

19 Likes

Then what are you waiting for? You don’t have to wait until he goes missing you know, GOP. You fucking cowards.

37 Likes

If Donald Trump disappears tomorrow his cult will believe he has gone to heaven to rule from there.

And his enablers in Congress will keep on playing along.

17 Likes

AGreEd!!

12 Likes

Trump: “Wow, it sure is hot up here. I guess climate change is real.”

14 Likes

Quite true…this has always been a numbers game, and Biden’s light-hearted jab (when he, when asked about running against Trump, quipped that “there may not be a Republican Party in 2024”) hints at it.

Trump does have support, but this is not a static situation.

16 Likes

I’d like to say if the commission was just about Chump, they would have agreed to it. But since it will be investigating multiple aspects, they know they themselves will have plenty of implication in the whole thing. They had their chance to cut Chump out of the herd with the 2nd impeachment and as @trnc said…whiffed. What fugging idiots and cowards.

23 Likes

Still, until they change the keys to the locks-------

23 Likes

In the days of slavery here and in Latin America, people in bondage developed ways to communicate with–and about–their oppressors.

“people in bondage”=GOP
“oppressor”=Trump

@dicktater

5 Likes

Sure… sure…

4 Likes

“I mean, if Donald Trump disappeared tomorrow, I don’t think you’d have many Republicans in the search party. Maybe a few prosecutors and debt collectors, but not Republicans.”

FIFY!

20 Likes

Hmmm…
I’m wondering if trump’s grifting is international…

12 Likes

brilliant next move for someone who had stolen that much money.

See why they usually get caught? hahahahahahaha

14 Likes

Bennett is not even remotely an improvement over Bibi.
“I’ve killed lots of Arabs in my life - and there’s no problem with that”

Naftali Bennett (2014)

He is also for the total annexation of the West Bank and Gaza.

We need to stop giving our tax dollars to the murderers in the ME.

8 Likes