Espionage Act Charges Very Much In Play For Trump

Christamitey!

69 Likes

The bear necessity.

20 Likes

Stewart Rhodes made the strategic gamble that a fiery, defiant speech at his sentencing might well yield a stiff sentence but set him up for a presidential pardon if Republicans win the White House in 2024

You would think, but the guidelines sentencing range was 22-25 years, and the judge gave him 18.

17 Likes

Wisconsin’s finest Glenn Grothman demonstrating why straight white guys made the worst judges. E.g. Roberts, Kavanaugh, Alito, Gorsuch.

38 Likes

I think this was in advance of the agreed upon “search” in June of '22. So, yes, they were “tipped off”, legitimately.

20 Likes

Yep, the Barely Speaker McCarthy will need the Democrats to help get any negotiated Debt Ceiling bill to pass in the House. There are 30-50 Republicans not happy with the negotiations and we all know who they are. Their leader, Chip Roy is fuming and that means Ted Cruz will not be happy with the outcome. For those that do not know Rep. Chip Roy served as chief of staff to Senator Ted Cruz and as first assistant attorney general of Texas. This Debt Ceiling debacle has a red arrow pointing at the Koch Family and the Texas Oil Industry, because Senor Rafael Cruz works hand in glove with these people.

Here is an interesting opinion piece from the Moscow Times, where the author believes that Putin is paying too much attention on his schemes then the problems that Russia is facing. It would not surprise me if Putin were behind this scheme thinking it will save him from the economic disaster happening in Russia, along with the disaster of his 3-day war.

23 Likes

Of course Mar E. coli was tipped off, but it doesn’t have to be an FBI leak.

The Secret Service is charged with protecting the The Fat Guy’s (TFG) safety, and they would have been informed in advance as a matter of safety and courtesy. His security detail would have been informed, too. The leak could easily have come from TFG’s detail.

If there is a second search, we’ll know where the leak came from because only the head chingon of the SS will be told, and will be there when the search begins to tell TFG’s detail to stand down.

19 Likes

midnight bandit of the black bear variety. first time in ten years one has been on the upstairs deck…

19 Likes

A roller coaster week before a three-day holiday weekend marking the beginning of summer.

Who’d’ve thunk we’d have these stories - real, true stories - as our entree’ to the holiday weekend?

9 Likes

The boy was black. The officer was black.

6 Likes

This:

There is very little that remains “conservative” about the current Supreme Court majority or what we think of as the Federalist Society’s conservative legal movement. It’s right-wing radicalism that is more outcome-based than they ever accused liberals of being.

Ultimately, however, this is no longer a legal issue to be solved in court. It’s a political issue to be fixed by winning elections. It will be a long, slow climb out of deep, dark hole. No hand-wringing. Just do it.

41 Likes

Jesus H. Fucking Christ.

I hope his family ends up owning Jacksonville’s public assets. Every last one of them. There is an affirmative duty to care for people when the police take them into custody.

Outrageous does not begin to describe this.

62 Likes

Judges have been sentencing J6 offenders to less than the recommended range throughout the trials.

6 Likes

Someone quote the number of Trump appointed judges who were straight white guys out of a total of xx.

9 Likes

Maybe he should be titled, Whisperer McQarthy, or Subvocalizer McQarthy?

ETA; @hoagie has the new official title: Qevin McQarthy, Squeaker of the House of Representatives.

9 Likes

Right.

What with Idaho Ob-Gyns leaving that state and doctors in just about every state afraid even to say “abortion” to their patients in times of medical necessity, these people might just as well go all in and outlaw pregnancy itself. THAT would clear up matters.

25 Likes

Some judges, and not always. What is your point?

3 Likes

I think the title of a post debt ceiling agreement article would be: ‘It could have been worse!’ I draw 3 conclusions from the likely outcome: 1.Political terrorism works 2. The MSM will eventually normalize any action taken by the GOP 3. Don’t say something is ‘non-negotiable’* unless you really are prepared not to negotiate.

• The most positive take on this is that President Biden decided that eventual negotiations with the radicalized GOP House were inevitable, but he wanted to up the pressure on them by delaying the start until the last minute.
6 Likes

So much goes into a police reaction like this. Lack of training is one factor. Real training takes time and money.

And so an 11-yr-old gets shot obeying police orders.

24 Likes

Okay, a day or two ago I said I wanted to have a sit down with this person.

The knowledge that she was promoting uncomposted horse shit like The Protocols of the Elders of Zion (which I know by reputation and abstract only) makes that meeting superfluous. My only question is, why did the school district bother listening to her rants?

48 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available