Espionage Act Charges Very Much In Play For Trump

Kushner is an improvement?

2 Likes

God, money and Dairy Queen: How Texas House investigators secured the impeachment of Attorney General Ken Paxton

This is the part of the article that caught my eye:

While Paxton was serving in the Texas Legislature as a state representative a decade ago, he became affiliated with the CEO of Servergy, a McKinney-based software company that courted him as a partner. William Mapp, the firm’s founder and former CEO, had donated to Paxton’s campaign and the two decided to go into business together.

At a Dairy Queen, the CEO reportedly said that “God had directed him” to give Paxton 100,000 shares of company stock, which Paxton argued shows the stock was a gift.

“However, documents … indicate that the stock was, again, for services,” the House Committee’s report said.

This part caught my eye for reasons I can’t really discuss, sadly.

2 Likes

I’m confused. Why is it better for the stock to be a gift than for payment of services?

2 Likes

Good question. I looked (briefly) for more information on this company. Near as I could tell, it had revenues of $890,000, not a lot for a company with 50 employees. This looks to me like a company that was created to be a pump-and-dump vehicle.

2 Likes

Maybe because if it’s a gift then his possession of the stock can be construed to be unintentional? Whereas if he acquired it as compensation for services, that’s an active choice to invest.

2 Likes

With eight month till the first 2024 primary votes, Trump looks weaker day by day.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s going to make it anyway. He’s got too much shit happening to him legally and he keeps on digging. DeStupid isn’t going to make it either because he’s too stupid and has no personality or charm. I don’t know who that leaves as a serious contender.

1 Like

Just as long as it isn’t someone who says he is " generally pro-choice," and for legalizing cannabis.

1 Like

The “services” in question should probably be seen as another way of saying he did something in return for a bribe.

2 Likes

Not Kemp?

I haven’t seen any hints he’s running for 2024. He just won re-election in 2022.

1 Like

You are right.

1 Like

The FBI knows who the Pipe Bomber is.
This shit is getting good.

— Ball don't lie (@Balldon64307120) May 27, 2023
2 Likes

I’m as hopeful as the next guy, but that source…The Federalist?!

2 Likes

I do my own research. My source is The Internet.

2 Likes

Hey all you Republicans…can you show us on the doll where Target hurt you. And you guys call us snowflakes and then every other day you crybabies have a new product that you want banned. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

— Richard N. Ojeda, II (@Ojeda4America) May 28, 2023
3 Likes

Texas AG Ken Paxton was just impeached.

Do you have any idea how corrupt you have to be for a REPUBLICAN-run state house to remove a REPUBLICAN AG?

It’d be like getting kicked out of Don Jr.’s house for doing too much cocaine.

— Jay Black (@jayblackisfunny) May 27, 2023
5 Likes

That McCarthy put us through all this without having the votes in the House or Senate - meaning he was always going to need Uncle Joe to bail him out and save his Speakership - remains the most ridiculous part of this pathetic MAGA-fueled exercise. https://t.co/WMm5T3zs4d

— Simon Rosenberg (@SimonWDC) May 28, 2023
7 Likes

I’ll wait until the story is reported by some organization with more heft than the moonie times.

3 Likes

“I’ll come out just as soon as I find the perfect pair of shoes.”

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available