Esper Claims Ignorance Of Who Cleared Lafayette Square

Hence he needed real fog created by pepper spray.

5 Likes

Yes if you’re a Sargent, not the damn fucking Secretary of Defense.

12 Likes

They should have asked him if Trump pushed past Melania to get down into the basement first when they decided it was either The Bunker or the guillotine.

Someone in the media needs to always ask Trump at every press encounter from now until the end of his tenure about that night and why he ran for cover instead of standing his ground and protecting the Oval Office.

He was exposed as a coward. He and his supporters need to be reminded of it constantly. It should even be brought up by the judge when he’s sentenced at the upcoming criminal trials in NY and NJ state courts. Cowards get heavier sentences.

And they do harder time if the other prisoners know about it.

11 Likes

That statement/exchange by an active duty military officer to the chairman of the house committee would be considered insubordination in any other situation. I am appalled by the arrogance of the army toad!

13 Likes

Committee Chairman Smith: " So let me get this right. Military and paramilitary units of the United States Armed Forces and Security Branches are interspersed and roaming hither and yon through the goddamn streets of our nation’s capitol at the height of a massive protest event, and NOBODY knows who the fuck gave them orders to go where the fuck they went, or do what the fuck they did? Is that how you ran the operation? Where the hell do I go to get you both fired immediately?"

38 Likes

These guys have raised the passive voice to an entirely new level: orders were given. That’s all we know.

9 Likes

I’ve never inquired, I’ve never pursued with anybody, because we, you know, get caught up with things more relevant to…” he trailed off.

Translation: More relevant= Trump ordered us to get those damn folks outta there so he could hold up a Bible.

7 Likes

Maybe it was

…because we, you know, get caught up with things more relevant to…” he trailed off."

Like trying to cover up 45’s failure to respond to intelligence reports about Russian bounties on U.S. service members?

6 Likes

Milley said he gave it ‘careful’ consideration after the Lafayette Square incident; I say bullpuckey.

The Chief of Staff of the Army should have yesterday in re to Vindman.

They are all LYING to themselves that because of ‘them’ they are protecting the US Constitution but they are handing the Constitution to Trump to use as toilet paper.

2 Likes

Esper offered the weak defense days after the episode that he didn’t know where he was going when he accompanied Trump on the photo-op, saying that he thought they were going to inspect a vandalized bathroom in the square.

[Curtain rises]
Aide: Sir, come quickly. This just came in from DIA.
Esper: Russian bounties on Troops? Still working on a response.
Aide: No …
Esper: Shootings on military bases? We have a 2nd Amendment, you know.
Aide: No …
Esper: Well? Out with it!
Aide: Someone put a cherry bomb in a park toilet!
Esper: Damn it, man, why didn’t you say so? Get me the gold plated plunger! And that canister of tear gas. LET’S RIDE!
[Scene]

7 Likes

So.

He followed an order, not knowing who gave it.

“Could have been buck-private Wilson, over there, for all I know.”

4 Likes

under_bus

9 Likes

I bet he led the troops in the Bowling Green Massacre, or wanted to.

4 Likes

Esper is a craven lobbyist (Raytheon) plucked from obscurity to lick Trump’s balls for the good of the corporation and Mil/Ind Complex. This is what you are seeing. No more; no less. There is a $afe ne$t waiting for him when he runs out of saliva, and as Trump flames out. Do not expect any profile in courage. Not a scintilla. • (Let’s also note what he has said about Putin buying Murder Services from the Taliban. And of course what he also did for Col. Vindman… crickets.)

8 Likes

Your OneWordAnswer™: Barr.

12 Likes

OT

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1281358883966070785

: The actual gag order prohibiting

@MichaelCohen212

from writing a book. Today he refused to sign it, and after that he was carted back to federal prison. We don’t know if that was a reason for his return to prison.

8 Likes

Careful what you ask for. Esper and Milley are doing what they can do, given the horrid situation. Right or wrong, the military is under the president, and so long as the orders are lawful, they are obligated to follow those. Clearing the square with non-legal stuff may be odious, but likely lawful.

You really don’t want Jared as the acting SECDEF for the next six months.

4 Likes

I wonder if there was a class action lawsuit brought by the protesters against Barr, Esper, Milley, and the rest of Trump’s Motley Crüe. Then the real fun with discovery starts.

2 Likes

Grrrrrrrrrrr… I don’t care right at this moment.:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

8 Likes

The problem? They are now actively denying that they got or gave orders, or even that they knew who received or gave orders!!:scream: Where does that leave us, in a well-ordered world? (so distressing)

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available