Election Truthers Are Spilling Sensitive Data Everywhere, And They’re Not Sorry | Talking Points Memo

A chicken could fool them.

6 Likes

So far as I can tell Garland has been a failure. Is he doing anything to help protect our Democracy?

4 Likes

Sort of OT: Are the Arizona CyberNinjas audit team really quite sick ? Me thinks they are in hiding because they found (looks at notes) NOTHING !

14 Likes

We shall see. Won’t matter much longer anyway.

2 Likes

But with cell phones and a data plan.

8 Likes

You can’t allege a crime without identifying a criminal, and you can’t allege a “vast conspiracy” without identifying a bunch of them.

Words. We depend on them, fight with them, and don’t know what they mean.

OK, not a “crime” and not a “criminal”. How about an “act without conscience, so prevalent in our time, that it is a widely shared moral failing”.

Like obscenity, you can’t really define it but you know it when you see it. Crime, criminality and moral failure is so prevalent, nobody can see it…like water to a fish…

4 Likes

I say it will matter when the county has to buy all new equipment because Secretaries of State are decertifying election machines in counties. Someone is going to have to pay.

21 Likes

What exactly do we need new equipment for when the GQP has locked down all future election results in these states they control as a minority?

6 Likes

Why have elections?

6 Likes

I’m just waiting for the GQP in other states to come up with sort of ruse to buy new machines, even though Trump won their state. It will give them all the good feels to cut some program that feeds the kids or pregnant moms, or something similar just so they can loan the smaller counties some $$$. And also insist that they can only purchase new machines from their approved vender list, it has only one name-Ivanka’s voting machines made in Chyna.

13 Likes

We are literally on the cusp of that question being asked with that sarcasm is, in fact, legit.

In some ways, we’re already there. The GQP is never going accept major election losses ever again and will respond to them with widespread denial and disbelief and massive efforts to overturn them, so what’s the point? What do they actually achieve? There’s certainly no social contract undergirding them anymore and they don’t in turn serve to strengthen or reaffirm any social contract.

17 Likes

This started with the Norm Coleman charade contesting Fraken’s win. They knew it was hopeless but they denied a 60 vote majority for the dems for how long? 6 months? Although Lieberman wasn’t really a dem by then anymore.

22 Likes

Obviously, I don’t have any actual inside info, but I do seem to recall something about not commenting on ongoing investigations. I mean, if these guys are willing to spend money to host events that serve only to indict themselves…

15 Likes

The GOP has successfully created a cottage industry of cybersecurity attackers.

None of the details and technical specs being leaked will prove that the election was stolen from Trump. But nefarious actors are vacuuming up all these details with the aim of assembling a real solution for genuinely hacking future elections.

It is a cottage industry of anti-democracy spies. No need to set up “Moscow Center” to train a handful of super-elite spies when you can just publish cheap propaganda to recruit a million dumbass zealots.

I really don’t see how any form of non-evil government can survive all of this. The good guys are moving far too slowly and pulling their punches. The bad guys are moving at a full gallop and have the assistance of everyone who was dissatisfied (rightly or wrongly) with the status quo.

23 Likes

“it was not criminal what she did,” Bishop said.

I think the DOJ and/or the local state/county prosecutors may disagree.

9 Likes

That’s essentially what their allegations boil down to. If the people behind the Big Lie, particulary the fat orange one, aren’t prosecuted soon, we’re headed down a damn dangerous path.

8 Likes

And one thing that I’d like to bring up: Can’t we just change the passwords?

ETA: Dumb question, I know. But there has to be a at least a patch solution to these criminal acts.

2 Likes

We’re working on it.

Colorado’s secretary of state filed a lawsuit Monday to remove the clerk of Mesa County from her role overseeing elections because the clerk is under criminal investigation for allegedly allowing a security breach of election equipment.
. . .
The alleged breach is under investigation by the FBI and the Mesa County District Attorney’s Office, with assistance from the Colorado Attorney General’s Office. Griswold’s office also investigated the matter and determined that Peters likely allowed the breach to occur May 25.

9 Likes

The biggest danger may be that Trump is ‘grooming’ the die-hard haters in how to accuse without evidence, and how to lie with impunity. I think our judicial system can stand the strain until it passes. I think.

5 Likes
18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available