Election Departments Partner With Local Police To Get Out Ahead Of Expected 2024 Threats

It’s definitely a concern but less of one than precincts. Someone did try the voter intimidation thing in 2022, but it was a bit low effort.

1 Like

There are over 100,000 polling places in this country. And, drop boxes will only work in areas with a concentration of local voters. It would be onerous to expect voters in very rural areas to drive to all these secure boxes, and for authorities to monitor/protect them as well.

We are clearly not ready to do this securely, and digitally. at this point… JMHO.

3 Likes

My thought too. It’s like the issue with sheep dogs. They have to be trained to overcome their natural instincts to hunt and chanell that into herding behavior. The cop’s inner fascist needs to be redirected to become pro-democracy.

I do not believe they all have fascistic tendencies, but I’m pretty sure they do more than the general public. I know some sheriffs here in Maine who are enlightened Democrats, but again, it’s by the numbers…

4 Likes

Conservative Rep. Matt Rosendale (R-Mont.) announced Friday he will not seek re-election to his House seat, saying that death threats and “false and defamatory rumors against me and my family” led to his decision.3 days ago

This is a story that hasn’t hit TPM or the mainstream media, but Rosendale was a pretty important conservative Republican on several committees. Since he is from Montana it is hard to believe that Democrat extremists threatened him or his family, but I wouldn’t put such threats past some very well known MAGA folks. Maybe there is another story out there but I tend to believe this might be a case of MAGA eating its own. It certainly doesn’t bode well for the future of our democracy.

9 Likes

Waaay OT, but I had no idea Hillary owned Boeing stock:

Note to @castor_troy : Be sure to add to Clinton Foundation newsletter.

#TheMoreYouKnow.

4 Likes

In the days before his death, he had been giving evidence in a whistleblower lawsuit against the company.

Boeing said it was saddened to hear of Mr Barnett’s passing.

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

At the time of his death, Mr Barnett had been in Charleston for legal interviews linked to that case.

Last week, he gave a formal deposition in which he was questioned by Boeing’s lawyers, before being cross-examined by his own counsel.

He had been due to undergo further questioning on Saturday. When he did not appear, enquiries were made at his hotel.

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

About the only non-snark thing I could say was that Boeing could’ve just given him a free flight on a non-upgraded 737-MAX with the original software if they wanted that outcome and plausible deniability.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve always been pleased at the quick response from our local and state government. Colorado has got this.

1 Like

6 Likes

And since Gov’t workers definitely aren’t hanging around the office at 7:30 in the evening, you know the first email was bogus.

And for them to have come into the office at 7:30 in the morning, booted up their computers, grabbed a coffee, checked their own e-mails and responded to you at 8:00 that your vote had been counted…

1 Like

[quote=“castor_troy, post:48, topic:247573”]
Prior to his death, whistleblower John Barnett was testifying against Boeing over concerns about standards.

He did what was right, and he knew he risked the consequences. We should honor him, and absolutely NO snark here. The derision and the villification and total damages belong to Boeing. And they need to be prosecuted and held accountable. Thank you.

Life is impoverished, it loses in interest, when the highest stake in the game of living, life itself, may not be risked. It becomes as shallow and empty as, let us say, an American flirtation.

Freud, “The Letters of Sigmund Freud and Otto Rank: Inside Psychoanalysis”

2 Likes

OT. I know that many fashion conscious-woke Americans did not like Marge Greene’s choice of elegant conservative blue-collar attire for the SOTU. But in her defense, she really did dress up when she got to snuggle up to George Santos and she blushed and pouted like a teenager with raging hormones. Here’s the proof.
santosmtg2

The term is “vote by mail” but I do not trust the post office. I’m gonna deliver my ballot myself to our county recorder’s office. And then watch its handling on line. In the end I will know for certain it was counted correctly. It’s all available to track through the Recorder’s office website, assuming I don’t mind being bored.

4 Likes

Kern County in California, a traditionally redneck place, has made vast progress in voting since 2010. Mail in ballots are tracked with Ballottrax and you get an email when your ballot has arrived and been counted.

2 Likes

Lawa Twump pogwom.

3 Likes

Funny he didn’t fall off a window…but then Boing is a member in good standing of the Military-Industrial Complex, so a few airliners crashing here an there are not going to change anything. And yeah rats have a tendency for suicide…

2 Likes

I am hoping for some Trumpian incompetence here… we should hold the senate and take over the house, while the Trump’s steal the RNC money.

3 Likes

I think I smell a sex scandal of some sort not involving rape. Rapists particularly civil rapists are welcome to Skanky, Wanky, Kavanaugh, and Mace’s white nationalist party.

An Edwin Edwards quote comes to mind, “… caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy.” In today charged politics, it might also be sex with an immigrant, rhythm method contraception, biblical abortion, IVF, or a live baby. Or some combination thereof.

Skanky’s new-found opposition to the TikTok reorganization legislation that Congress and President Biden are working on to protect national security suggests to me that Skanky’s $450 million bond in the New York Fraud will be paid for by the Chinese Communist Party. Who knew Wanky’s hanky-panky and chocolate cake with Premier Xi at Mar-a-Lardo 7 years ago would reap such a handy dandy return for “Daddy”.

Trivia on a related matter, Evan Greenberg, the CEO of Chubb Group paid for the $81 million payment in Skanky’s Rape trial. He is apparently the son of Hank Greenberg, the dude who was accused of fraudulent accounting transactions and tanked AIG, during the Bush-made global financial crisis. Nepots and apples don’t fall far.

A lot of police forces wear khaki, which is a shade of Brown…

1 Like

Sure…but let’s not nit-pick turns of phrase that are designed solely to be rhetorical devices lol

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available