Eastman Says Feds Seized His Phone Last Week

How dare they search my phone for evidence of a seditious criminal conspiracy to steal a presidential election. What is this country coming to?

5 Likes
1 Like

TBF: It’s your privacy and mine they don’t care about; their own is a rather different matter.

1 Like

And the pressure rolling of fingertips, for both prints and bio-metric data, firmer and firmer!

1 Like

I just ask the little men with typerwriters and roller skates that live inside my computer to paint everything over with white-out.

2 Likes

No, it’s just that this Eastman guy really, really thinks he’s got a right to privacy under the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments. I guess he hasn’t yet realized that the Supreme Court just did away with all that substantive due process nonsense. Not my idea of a law professor.

4 Likes

Talking about the fifth amendment, I wish the J6 committee pointed out these guys say “fifth” so often, they don’t bother with the rest of the sentence, “I’m invoking my right under the fifth amendment against self-incrimination”. A pity they didn’t make them say the whole sentence.

1 Like

Poor John Eastman he has every right to feel persecuted, he is being probed by two different groups inside the DOJ, Congress… all that is missing is being audited by the IRS…

1 Like

It was pointed out (on emptywheel, I think) that the search warrant for eastman’s phone was requested by Department of Justice’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG). OIG investigates DOJ employees, not random mooks like eastman. So, their interest in eastman’s communications is likely in support of some other investigation, such as of Clark.

1 Like

Eastman filed his lawsuit in federal court in New Mexico. Eastman’s lawyer, Charles Burnham, wrote that six federal investigators approached Eastman in the state as he left a restaurant where he had dinner with his wife and a friend.
… … … …
Eastman has a friend??!!??

2 Likes

About F-ing time!

1 Like

Was he so arrogant and obtuse that he didn’t think he was in any danger of a subpoena? I sure hope so!

Sleep

Both

I’m one of those who switched in Ohio. For the primaries, you can vote either party ballot but you agree to be registered with the new party. I did so to be able to vote against various Republicans since I live in a heavily gerrymandered area (both congress and state offices are split up to dilute the Democratic vote) and the fall election is mostly useless. I live in a suburban area so you can deduct one from their totals in the article as in the fall I’ll be voting like a Democrat. I have heard of many others who did the same.

2 Likes

Here in Santa Fe they’re all trying to figure out what restaurant he was at.

Eastman filed his lawsuit in federal court in New Mexico.

WTF? Why New Mexico, other than, of course, the food is good?

Damn. Republicans like John Eastman make it look like literally anyone can get into law school…

Or clerk for the supreme court.

You mean that Clippy is good for something after all?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available