‘Dumb Son Of A Bitch’: Trump Continues Bashing McConnell For Insufficient Loyalty | Talking Points Memo

Former President Trump took his crusade against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) up a notch during his appearance at the RNC’s spring donor retreat on Saturday, when the former president went off-script to deride any Republican he views as lacking sufficient loyalty to him.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369084
1 Like

But I will still support Trump if he’s the nominee.

46 Likes

Wasn’t this jackass supposed to disappear into the throes of increasing dementia and irrelevance?

27 Likes

I think you’ll see plenty of evidence of that here. Mar-a-Lago’s banquet hall is hardly the national stage.

28 Likes

delivered an unhinged speech

As opposed to all his hinged ones?

62 Likes

There are many things you can accuse McConnell of: connivance, complicity, corruption. “Currying favor” with the former guy doesn’t really make the list.

12 Likes

The insurrection was the last major event of Trump’s presidency. As such, his life is a Groundhogs Day of reliving his loss and perceived betrayal every day, probably for the rest of his miserable life. And no amount of money he steals from his supporters, who he doesn’t even respect, changes that.

If he was a bitter old man full of grievances before, he’s that on steroids now, with much of his bile directed towards fellow Republicans. And like Gaetz, he can’t shut up about something for which he has criminal exposure.

82 Likes

How sad. For everyone involved. All of us I mean. What a laughing stock. Hes like a failed carnival barker who missed the caravan skipping town and now just screams at worried children in an empty parking lot.

45 Likes

Yes, many times. Two judges worth.

42 Likes

Biden is continuing to beat Trump like a drum.

Thank you, Trump, for being such a resonant drumhead.

21 Likes

The role of emperor in exile doesn’t fit you donnie. You’re maybe Nixon, but never Napoleon.

8 Likes

As an ex-Republican, This why I left. No one in the party leadership has the balls to tell the Orange Asshole what he is…a loser. We will now see the Senate and House back to red majorities in 2022, and then a major loss in 2024, because no one can see that Trump is simply a child with the worldview of a 14 year old and the emotional control of a third grader. Oh well, I’ve already written the GOP off. Sad that I can say pretty much the same for this phoney republic we have.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind his disappearing after he faces justice, in both criminal and civil proceedings.

22 Likes

I believe the last time he gave a hinged speech was when he was working on his first bankruptcy. Yeah, that far back.

17 Likes

Sleazy McConnell and Chao are being exposed in public in the crassest of ways by the filthiest and skankiest piece of excrement on the planet. I am loving this.

48 Likes

Even a broken clock…

3 Likes

This is by no means a done deal. The right has turned this into a mantra – figuring that if they say it enough it might come true – but if Biden gets a meaningful infrastructure through it will have been wishful thinking.

33 Likes

“If that were (Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer) instead of this dumb son of a bitch Mitch McConnell they would never allow it to happen. They would have fought it,” Trump said, referring to the joint session of Congress certifying Joe Biden’s formal victory that culminated in the deadly Capitol insurrection, according to the Post.
… … … …
CAT FIGHT!!!
donald, donald, comments like that are not how one engenders loyalty. The optics suck, frankly speaking. And I suspect that Mitch is not gonna be anymore loyal after being insulted. I bet he has choice words to describe you.

12 Likes

“Do you expect me to talk?”

“No Mr. Trump, I expect you to die!”

20 Likes

Funny you mention this.

It was 207 years ago today that Napoleon abdicated the throne and was sent to Elba.

Let’s hope Trump is less successful …

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available