Doug Collins Turns Down Trump’s Potential Offer To Be DNI, Says He Wants To Focus On Senate

Rep. Doug Collins’ (R-GA) fawning loyalty to President Donald Trump seemed to pay off when Trump floated appointing the Republican to be his permanent Director of National Intelligence–but Collins isn’t interested in the role.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1292519
1 Like

Turns out that traitors are opposed to investigating treason. Very surprising indeed.

34 Likes

Wow, even the worst of Trump suckups doesn’t want the job.

34 Likes

The developments followed reports that the President had grew furious with Maguire last week for telling House members, including House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D-CA), that Russian government was meddling in the upcoming 2020 election to get Trump reelected.
… …
“had grew”??
Someone needs some editing.

14 Likes

Good lord, this man is beyond obsequious. His name (and nose?) is implanted deeply in the annals of sycophancy.

21 Likes

And, besides the humbling, he would be thrown out of his job when the Dems take over (hoping they do).

10 Likes

Maybe Collins isn’t quite as abysmally stupid as he seems.

23 Likes

That was my first thought too…

2 Likes

They know the life expectancy of a Trump Staffer
They would lose their current job and then be on the street within a year.
Why would he trade a nice cushy guaranteed paycheck for that

17 Likes

Even many stupid people have survival instincts.

32 Likes

Yes, he’s perfectly willing to help Trump destroy what’s left of the agencies [so, obviously,] he doesn’t want to be responsible for their proper management and Congressional oversight thereof.

30 Likes

As evidenced by my advanced age.

15 Likes

Mine too… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Yes, whereas that Senate seat is somewhat more secure, assuming he wins.

9 Likes

“Collins told Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo on Friday morning that while it was “humbling” to be considered for the position, he wouldn’t accept the offer if Trump did decide to choose him.”

" “Could somebody at @foxnews please explain to Trump hater A.B. Stoddard (zero talent!) and @TeamCavuto, that I won every one of my debates, from beginning to end. Check the polls taken immediately after the debates. The debates got me elected. Must be Fox Board Member Paul Ryan!” Trump tweeted."

This isn’t the first time Trump has gone after Cavuto,and Fox and you can believe it won’t be the last.Paranoia kicking in big time.

" Why has Trump turned against Fox News? It’s an episode of “Succession” in real life"

Trump’s attacks on his pet network aren’t just about bad poll numbers. Behind the scenes, there’s HBO-style drama"

2 Likes

If the GOP had grew some courage we would be well past this nightmare.

16 Likes

Shouldnt Roger Stone be his first choice?

9 Likes

The country only needed 20 to 25 goobers with foresight, but they failed us.

10 Likes

To begin with confirmation is not guaranteed, but even if confirmed the job might last at most a few months, and he is going to be asked to do very questionable things if not actual treason. After that is he doesn’t end up in jail, he will be back in Redneckia, GA trying to find a church that will hire him. Senator on the other hand is a job for six years, and by then Trump might be forgotten.

One thing is to be someone’s defender (everybody has the right to one) and quite a different thing an accomplice. Even a dumb redneck can tell the difference.

29 Likes

Excellent name for a band.

Any takers?

6 Likes