Donald Trump Suffers Major Setback In Jan. 6 Investigation

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. What A Moment Yesterday’s events had me recalling the indelible scene at the end of All The President’s Men, with Nixon being sworn in…

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1453942
1 Like

Just happy to be here. Cat pic in avatar.

59 Likes

The Donald is like Jesus Christ himself. Suffering for the little people. The Dems are trying to crucify this innocent man who loves our country so much. I love Jesus and I love Donald, just as it says in the Bible.

PS: You know and I know that he won in 2020 but that it was stolen by Soros and his Dem apparatchiks.

Seriously, I thought the most bizarre moment of the entire yesterday was MT Green driving away and favorably comparing Trump to Jesus, both oppressed by a corrupt government.

61 Likes

And thank you, Wisconsin.

73 Likes

Sad to Be #4.

DaLL-E Anti-trump.

I ask For a Picture of a Wealthy Trump I get an oRanGe manatee wearING a top hat?

41 Likes

NY: 1 - MT: 0. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

26 Likes

The criminal continues and will continue to suck all the air out of the country for the foreseeable future. I’ve got to learn to ignore this.

24 Likes

Morning, @becca656. Happy for you and your fellow Wisconsinites.
And happy for the rest of us, too.
Here nice and early because the Wednesday bird walk was rescheduled because of weather. Not here yet, but on the way.
And totally OT, but my weeks’ long barred owl stalking was rewarded on Sunday. Perhaps the other TPMer (who spotted her first) would like to share a photo?

51 Likes

It still stings that we couldn’t/didn’t do the same to RoJo in Wisconsin last year. We needed that Senate seat. Can you believe it’s already been 6 months since the 2022 midterms?

34 Likes

Good news. It looks like TFG will be an active part of our body politic for a limited time.

I am proud to come in tenth ninth place for FIrST place.

39 Likes

Not that I think Justice-elect Protasiewicz is any of those things, but I thought these guys admired piople (or at least “individuals” ) who are “serial liars” and “beneath contempt”,

52 Likes

Trump is truly using executive privilege as a front for what he believes is and should always be “The Donald Privilege”.
No one has the right to question him let alone charge him even if he kills someone in Times Square.

17 Likes

Dude! Do you kiss your mirror with that mouth?

He sounds butt-hurt that he cannot use his legal cudgel against women’s rights and cement lopsided gerrymanders for decades.

35 Likes

My husband loves this video!

36 Likes

Classy move! Hey, Mr. Kelly, why don’t you attempt an anatomically-impossible act? Or just go away, scumbag.

27 Likes

I can say with a fair degree of confidence that my day yesterday was better than a certain former reality TV show host, twice-impeached defeated and disgraced former president and current felony criminal defendant and life-long con man.

37 Likes

Sure he sucks up a lot of oxygen but this attention has a few positives.

1. No republican can attack Trump, most feel compelled to defend him. That will not age well.
  2. No republican can make progress in the '24 primary or establish any “pick me if Trump goes down” because that’s disloyal to the king in his time of need.
  3. Because #1 and #2 here, are killing any support they might get from independents

Petards for everyone!

42 Likes

47 Likes

As has been pointed out (h/t G. Conway), there is a very savory contrast between the door shutting in Donnie the Tangerine’s face, and the incident where he shoved a NATO minister aside so the photographer could get a good shot.

50 Likes

And now the bad news from last night’s Wisconsin State Senate Special Election: The Republican won, giving the Republicans a super majority in the State Senate. This gives the Republicans the ability to impeach and remove ANY state employee, elected or appointed, including state Supreme Court justices!

21 Likes