DOJ Reveals Some Of Trump’s Most Over-The-Top Claims In Mar-a-Lago Case

The debacle over tramp’s illegal possession of govt records is ridiculous and outrageous.

4 Likes

Can you go fuck yourself? If so, please do.

6 Likes
23 Likes

But it still falls into the basic category that the document would be the property of the Executive Branch, and therefor be stolen by Trump when he took it to FL and not turning it over to NARA which he is required ot do by law.

8 Likes

I hope so.

17 Likes

If that is indeed the case, then the pathology of this (emphasis added):

Document titled “Molly’s Questions for POTUS Approval”

is … well … it’s nothing we didn’t already know.

But what a sad sack of losing shit who can’t admit that he lost and insists that his loser flunkies around his losing self play along with his insistence that he (the loser) didn’t really lose.

That’s lose. Lose, lose, LOSE.
(With a tip o’ the hat to Gerry Trudeau’s old Nixon-era comic.)

9 Likes

It’s also the way of appeasement.

3 Likes

If SCOTUS loses its legitimacy we expand it and Roe is re-instituted.

3 Likes

Joking set aside, I find I’m of two minds about public officials’ decision whether to come out (popular interest might be a feature of American culture that not all Western societies share - see, e.g., the matter of David Leavitt and Sir Stephen Spender) - but the persistent and, I would say, hypocritical “family values” trend in Sen Lindsey’s voting record makes his circumstances a somewhat easier call. Happy to hear from other Hivers with different points of view, though.

1 Like

(Mine!)

11 Likes

We’ve been here before.

(That’s 1941, by the way. Denouncing Roosevelt’s war.)

20 Likes

They are now saying out loud that they are coming for not only the Jews but everyone who isn’t a right wing Xtian. And this is now fully acceptable in the Republican Party.

7 Likes

What they should do is require that prisoners be paid at least the legal minimum wage. It’s that simple.

8 Likes

A final note on the death of Austerity 2.0. The UK’s suicidal Brexit effort to decouple from the European economy has reduced PPP-adjusted GDP and created a fallback to economic ideas that went out with empire – in the country that produced Keynes. Back in reality, many people are engaging with precarity, hand-to-mouth existence, sometimes for the first time in their lives. Quite predictably, now that the acute phase of the pandemic has passed and the dust settling from Ukraine still is largely free of cesium isotopes, the overall analysis suggests poverty has gotten worse.

“Even under the assumption of energy prices fixed at summer 2022 levels, there will still be 15.2 million people in poverty over the course of 2022-23. This would represent the greatest number of people in poverty since the Social Metrics Commission began measuring poverty in 2000-01, and an increase of 1.3 million when compared with pre-pandemic levels,” the analysis says.

9 Likes

I agree, but in CA it was Newsome who pointed out the millions and millions that would have to be paid for prisoners’ work. I wonder how much the prison wild fire crews make?

3 Likes

Sixteen tons and what’d you get?

2 Likes
19 Likes

Did he pilot them with his mind?

2 Likes

No! He used The Force, silly!

6 Likes

For-profit prisons, for-profit schools, for-profit hospitals … all of them are Very Bad Ideas, but of the lot, I think the pro-Mammon prisons might be the worst, because their “clientele” is so completely helpless and at the mercy of their corporate turnkey’s whim. Hospitals are a close contender, though.

Each one has uniquely bad aspects.

13 Likes