DOJ Releases Trump Order Commuting All Of Roger Stone’s Sentence, Not Just Prison Time

I had the foresight (aftersight?) to cover the opening between the bookcases afterwards.

4 Likes

Did she share your other cat’s proclivity for perching on the tops of doors?

2 Likes

Yeah. @irasdad already had that, um, covered?

1 Like

Now, I’ve read that if you’re pardoned by a president, you somehow give up the ability to plead the fifth. Does that also hold when it isn’t a full pardon, just “commuting a sentence”?

If so, then I suspect Stone will no doubt be back in the investigative crosshairs, and oh please do lie to the investigators again… Trump won’t have his back at that point as a convicted felon gets a new charge against him…

No. She had her own um…issues. A good medical plan was a plus. I mean for us. Long stories on that cat, but miss her terribly as I do all my four foots that have passed on.

2 Likes

When I was an undergrad, I had an apartment in an old Victorian mansion. It had a walk-in cedar closet with a wall of big deep drawers.
One day the cat (whose name was Studebaker) got into one of the drawers and the drawer got shut because we didn’t know the cat was in there.
Took about 4 hours to figure out where she was.
After that, we left all the drawers open enough for her to get in or out as she pleased.

2 Likes

Yeah, me too. :cry:

3 Likes

I think I know where Studebaker would go if she were given the chance to ride in a Studebaker: The rumble seat!

3 Likes

Absolutely not when the sentence is commuted, and in practice, not when the convict is pardoned either. The pardonee may have liability for the state crime equivalents, the pardonee may have and regardless can claim liability for other related uncharged crimes, and there’s the matter of the perjury trap inherent in being questioned about past crimes. Pardons removing 5th amendment protections is a movie plot device. Doesn’t work that way in real life, as the six Iran-Contra pardons demonstrated.

3 Likes

Nothing like a rumbling purr.

2 Likes

She was given to me by a member of the Studebaker family—hence the name.
I also had her brother, whose name was Packard.

4 Likes

My first two cats were named “Simon” and “Schuster.” They were given to me by members of the Humane Society, for a small fee. They were kittens, brothers from the same litter. I renamed them after adoption.

3 Likes

When you call a cat by its name, does the cat think, “Why can’t that fuckwit learn to properly meow?”

4 Likes

I was at a breakfast taco place in Austin waiting for my order last year, it was early like 6:30.

A guy walks and makes like he has a gun in his jacket pocket and tell the lady at the register “This is a hold up. Give me all the cash in the register.”

She says, “What kind of an idiot robs a restaurant in the morning before they have any money? Come back after dinner.”

They both laugh and she says, to me, “He does that all the time.” He shrugs says to me, “It makes her laugh,”

Ha. Fucking. Ha.

5 Likes

Thank you for that clarification. Makes me wish all the media sources I’ve read that in would stop promoting it if it’s basically fiction.

2 Likes

I never heard this complaint from any of the four cats I was blessed with.

1 Like

Shit. hahahahahaha I would have frozen if I’d been there.

2 Likes

That’s when you blew him away with your own pistol, right?

3 Likes

OT: Mary Trump gag order overturned!

2 Likes

I guess that they never saw Pulp Fiction:

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available