DOJ Releases Trump Order Commuting All Of Roger Stone’s Sentence, Not Just Prison Time

President Trump’s commutation of Roger Stone’s 40-month prison sentence also includes clearing Stone of his two years of supervised release and his $20,00 fine, according to a clemency grant document released by the Justice Department Monday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1320246

Just when ya think he couldn’t sink any lower…

trump%20grave

16 Likes

Quid
Pro
Quo
Textbook
Sure learned his lesson

13 Likes

Stone looks like a comic book villain. Where’s Wonder Woman or Superman when you need them?

17 Likes

That order is undoubtedly backdated.

11 Likes

Don’t worry, this convict’ll do some new crimin’, and that’ll affect sentencing.

5 Likes

18 Likes

Trump is going BIGLY in committing another crime AGAIN!
= Obstruction of Justice
Practically shouting to Congress to impeach him again
Just ask Trump’s Roy Cohn Coverup Barr!

https://twitter.com/aryi3025/status/1282173081776279552

July 11th

Sen. Leahy: “Do you believe a president could lawfully issue a pardon in exchange for the recipient’s promise not to incriminate him?”

AG Barr: “No. That would be a crime.”

31 Likes

Bribing Stone with official acts to buy his continued silence, based on what Stone himself told the media.

9 Likes

“Trump’s commutation of Roger Stone’s 40-month prison sentence also includes clearing Stone of his two years of supervised release and his $20,000 fine…”

No Presidential pardon can ever expunge his Crimes Against Fashion.

35 Likes

This is a headliner story, but the real story is that we have a very dangerous man in the WH who wants to kill us.

30 Likes

Now the real payments start into Stone’s bank account.

6 Likes

Sure does like himself some felons.

9 Likes

It should be clear by now, what Republicans say during a confirmation hearing bears no resemblance to their later actions (See Kavanaugh, Brett).

18 Likes

If I knew as much as Roger Stone knows about Trump’s deep involvement in a conspiracy to invite and facilitate a foreign power’s interference in an American election, my sentence would be commuted, too.

12 Likes

Or his crimes against tattoos

13 Likes

Blaah. In normal times perhaps, but now we know House will not Impeach and Senate would not convict were that happen anyway. If Trump loses election, no need (though one could criminal case after he is out of office) and if he heaven forbid wins, Senate will still not convict.

And in case Trump loses election one would probably not want to remove him from office before the term expires so that president Pence could pardon him.

2 Likes

15 Likes

I’m not buying number 7 in 1956.

10 Likes

I assume Stone and Barr both have undated pardons in hand. Can’t take the chance Hamberderman won’t make it to November.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available