DOJ: Release Of Mar-a-Lago Affidavit Would Endanger Witnesses - TPM – Talking Points Memo

From the Timeline piece, Mark Meadows was the head of TFG’s National Archives designated representatives.

Haven’t heard from Meadows in a while. Who could possibly have been the person who informed on TFG?

16 Likes

Who you got winning?

@ralph_vonholst

@castor_troy

6 Likes

Social Media is rampant with claims of ‘where’s your administration’s transparency, #FBrandon???’.

Any kind of discussion about its being an active investigation are shot down with, there’ll never be an arrest so who cares.

It’s a real shame that Americans have become so demonstrably stupid.

9 Likes

I’m betting GOP senate leaders, in particular, have their back channels to DoJ and FBI. They may not have precise information, but they may have the gist and certainly they know more than we do. Might be be why McConnell’s been relatively quiet.

18 Likes

Barrack is a MacGuffin.

2 Likes

OT:

I wanted to share this update on an old story from CT that I remember as it was happening:

Judge Rejects Former Mayor’s Request for Release From Prison – NBC Connecticut

A summary of the history on this guy’s case makes it clear, the judge did the right thing.

10 Likes

Just wait 'til he gets to prison.

6 Likes

A slow-mo aircraft chase below stall-out speed for a 757 works for me.
Does it work for you?

6 Likes

He has a great finishing move, but he’s not a babyface.

1 Like

What? No 1984 Ford Bronco chase from a news helicopter? The freeways in South Florida are at least as congested as they are in Los Angeles, after all.

3 Likes

It probably worth mentioning that these are the batshit crazies. The “we know he’s a crook, but we need him” crowd is running away as fast as their little feet can carry them.

29 Likes

I’m thinking Meadows. Kushner would def sell out the FIL in a heartbeat, though. but it could be someone else close to Trump that we don’t see very often and we really don’t know much about. I’m thinking Barron has all the makings of a paid stoolie. Offer him the latest Playbox and he’d give up Melania’s weekly underwear color list.

18 Likes

Well donnie’s MAGA cultists loves them AR-15s ya knows. And tactical gear they practical sleep in.

Re: Dana

2 Likes

Don’t want a repeat of guilty walking because the cops effed up.

1 Like

You say this like it’s some sudden phenomenon, like grandpa getting new bridgework.

12 Likes

It came after multiple press and advocacy organizations asked South Florida Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart to unseal the affidavit and other materials.

It’s deeply unfortunate this judge knows this to be true firsthand. I’d be shocked if he ruled against DoJ’s motion.

5 Likes

I’m shocked that junior Trump and Eric aren’t on the list.

7 Likes

What?! You can bet on this stuff? Well, God bless America. Even under grave, existential assault, we can’t let go of whatever this is.

6 Likes

Sounds dramatic!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available