DOJ: Release Of Mar-a-Lago Affidavit Would Endanger Witnesses - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Releasing supporting materials that convinced a judge to allow a search warrant to be executed on Mar-a-Lago last week would imperil multiple witnesses and the DOJ’s investigation, federal prosecutors said on Monday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1429035

I’m pretty sure endangering the witnesses is the entire point.

81 Likes

Thuggery has always been part of our history. It’s just dispiriting that this day in age it is still with us to such an extent.

23 Likes

Exactly the point.

32 Likes

Yeah, Donnie and his allies requesting the unsealing the affidavit is a call for volunteers to do their witness tampering.

37 Likes

But keeping this information under wraps will feed Trump’s paranoia to the point that he will be unable to think of anything else until the pressure becomes so great his head explodes…Never mind.

53 Likes

Boom! This wasn’t just an effort by the FBI to recover documents. There is an active ongoing criminal investigation and people are talking. The worst facts for Trump still haven’t seen the light of day.

73 Likes

Trump / MAGA response:

"Yeah? So what ? We want to strangle that mole … give us the names "

10 Likes

The Right didn’t need this explanation; it was the foundation of their demand that the affidavit be released. The intent to harm is absolute.

37 Likes

He’s being hit from so many different directions I’d be surprised if he’s able to sleep.

22 Likes

Good job, MAGAts.

Your penchant for violence has effed you again.

Perfect reason for not releasing the affidavit.

21 Likes

We as a country must never ever place ourselves in a situation like this again.

40 Likes

My guess is he misplaced the passports. If they were “seized” wouldn’t that be some kind of new bombshell revelation that explodes today?

5 Likes

TFG is doing everything in his power to incite his magats and it is not working. He is getting more desperate by the minute.

21 Likes

It’s asking for the witness to take way too much of a risk, but it would be a great opportunity to entrap some violent MAGATs and make an example of them like they did in Cincinnati. The witness’ house would make an excellent roach motel.

6 Likes

Well this sure is promising.

3 Likes

How dare the DOJ prevent Trump’s thugs from threating witnesses and their families.
Dirty looking, bearded, shaggy haired heavily armed males in Pickup trucks remines me of Afghanistan not our Country.

18 Likes

It’s become Trump’s MO to release his folks on those he thinks are out to get him.

12 Likes

I sure hope they took them. He’s a criminal with his own plane.

8 Likes

I think his foot soldier Lindell could help him with that problem. That’s what friends are for.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available