DOJ IG Finds FBI Lawyer May Have Altered Carter Page Surveillance Document

But you can fool enough of the people enough of the time to cause a world of hurt.

11 Likes

Obama really needs to get off the sidelines, I know he wants to do the normal thing for a former president, but these are not normal times.

4 Likes

Here we go?

Maybe it’s the vomit speaking, but I want to get off this ride.

9 Likes

I would agree and found it to be baffling that Josh assumed they wouldn’t overrule Roberts. After all, he sold them out on allowing people to buy (somewhat) affordable healthcare. Although it is tragic that we are all too aware of the levels of corruption to which they will stoop, we all fall under the spell of hoping for some decency with the GOP occasionally. And then we’re bitterly disappointed all over again.

9 Likes

4:05 AM? He’s raving mad.

8 Likes

Didn’t the Comet Pizza gunman use the inHannity defense?

4 Likes

One thing we should have learned by now is that no matter how despicable, dishonest, self-serving or disgusting an action may be, Republicans are NOT beneath it. They have shown themselves to be a traitorous, cowardly, conscienceless cabal of crooks.

I ALWAYS anticipate the worst from them, and they still shock me with their venality.

9 Likes

Minsk time.

6 Likes

Josh is a wonderful man, but like Captain Smith, he has faith in the design.

7 Likes

Naw, that seems to happen to me as well when I paste in twitter links from him. Twitter shows the right time, but pasting into this site seems to subtract a few hours.

1 Like

This was a pro-Trump leak. The report was given to DOJ to review, and then this one detail leaked. Who leaked it? Well the leak only occurred once the report was at DOJ, so someone at DOJ leaked this (Unless Barr gave it to the white house). Their really needs to be an investigation…

And oh, CNN ran with the leak, while the real story - revealed by the POST - was that the modification (whatever it was) was so minor that it did not impact the warrant application, which Horrowitz, who is pro-Trump, still found valid.

That is the Lede…

9 Likes

Twitter time stamps are PST. So while I agree that he is definitely raving mad, he tweeted this tweet at 7:05 am EST.

6 Likes

I did. I have a somewhat counterintuitive take on the implications of that piece.

The angle of that piece is it puts a lot on Roberts to decide, b/c the GOP will shovel as much shit as possible when they have 53 votes in the Senate.

The one thing Roberts doesn’t like to do is to really think through and decide stuff. He hates it in fact. If he can take a ‘let the process play out and let the market arrive at a soln’ he will. It takes a lot of effort to get him to engage and acknowledge a stalemate or a distortion in the operation of markets, systems or processes that require judicial intervention to actually call a person out or safe, not just ‘balls and strikes’ as he infamously said in his Senate confirmation.

While that suggests that Roberts will fold to most GOP demands, what I think it also suggests is that Roberts may elect to get some cover to let the lower court decisions in the subpoena wars stand. I don’t think he wants to be at the center of this and letting the lower court decisions stand on tax returns, Mueller GJ, McGahn etc. without having to heart case and rule on the merits is the perfect way for Roberts to punt this to the political process of impeachment.

So, with this article, I might put a little more money on Dems prevailing in the subpoena wars, which would be the right result and the best one for the country.

12 Likes

I’m sitting here thinking about the story about the White House meeting with Mitch Mc and a bunch of Rep senators to plan the trial and the other story about Trump having lunch with Collins, Mitt etc as part of a charm offensive to win over Senators. And then Trumps hand wringing about this story.

A long time ago I read that while the government has us distracted with illegal corruption, legal corruption in the private and public sector is so much worse. Gambling was an example - how much more money have they taken Americans for with the lottery than the mob ever could?

2 Likes

Hmm. A GOP requirement for any judge, I suppose, and even more important for the highest one in the land.

2 Likes

I’m not a Tweeter. Thanks.
But why use PST (yeah it’s CA) as opposed to a more global Coordinated Universal Time (Greenwich)

That would be too much like adopting the metric system.

7 Likes

4 Likes

I actually think this must be a leak from the other side. The Post article makes clear that the DOJ tried to rush this out without showing it to anyone but got caught just last week, and now this comes out complete with anonymous sources “familiar with the report.” I think they are career FBI and or DOJ officials who want to get the one bad thing out there upfront so that when the entire report comes out with no other bombshell it will look like the dud that it is.

9 Likes

That was killed when the sports stadiums of the early 1970s (The Vet, Three Rivers etc) converted the distance to the outfield walls to metric.
For example 320 feet became 97.536 meters.
Dare to be stupid.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available