DOJ IG Finds FBI Lawyer May Have Altered Carter Page Surveillance Document

Not much they can do with it. Couldn’t even milk Al Baghdadi for more than 1 news cycle.

16 Likes

Headlines like this make me want to throw up before I even read the article. I am guessing that is the desired effect?

7 Likes

Just finished reading Alan Taylor’s “Thomas Jefferson’s Education” - focused on the founding of UVA. Those Southern rich kids were simply abominable, some may even say deplorables.

5 Likes

I’m sure if you watch Hannity regularly you’ll come away thinking this is the most horrible thing to ever happen in the history of the world and it absolves Trump of all the wrongdoing he has ever been accused of. But then, if you watch Hannity regularly you already believed all that anyway.

14 Likes

So when is the investigation on this leak, which seems to be setup just to give drump and allies something to yell about even though there isn’t any meat on that bone.

6 Likes

Can we say ‘nothingburger’ again or is it still out of fashion?

4 Likes

Did you read Josh’s piece from the AUSA and speculation on Pelosi’s strategy of not following up on subpoenas re Mulvaney et al?

6 Likes

Trump tanked the “Dead Caliph” currency. Sad.

5 Likes

Aye, there’s the rub.

4 Likes

Journalism as Ipecac syrup?

8 Likes

According to today’s morality, yes.

The Romans built their entire empire upon conquest, murder, and slavery. Should we throw out everything they gave us because of it?
The Greeks subjugated women in appalling ways and were vicious barbarians who massacred anyone (including each other) who would not bow down to them (where do you think the Romans learned how to do this?) Should we toss Plato and Aristotle, and Euclid, and Pythagoras into the fire and burn their books because of it?

History is what it is. You cannot deny it or bury it. That way lies Dictatorships and NewSpeak.

9 Likes

A bad review in the New York Times should do the trick.

7 Likes

Exactly. This will be red meat for “the base”; those of us who are actual, rational human beings will know that it’s bullshit. You know the old saying, you can fool some of the people some of the time…

5 Likes

So if I understand this complicated language correctly, the false/incorrect claim didn’t even reach the warrant application. My reconstruction as follows:

Lawyer-1 is helping to draft the warrant application, and puts in some questionable claim.
Someone else asks “Do you have documentary evidence backing that up?”
Lawyer-1 sends email saying “Yes, I do”.
It turns out there isn’t evidence to back up the questionable claim, so it’s deleted.
Lawyer-1 alters email so that they appear never to have claimed they had documentary evidence.
Alteration is discovered, Lawyer-1 is fired/resigns.

Has anyone else got a different reconstruction? (I guess it’s possible the claim stayed in, but from the description given it doesn’t seem like it.)

9 Likes

Anybody accused by Czar Trump is, in fact, guilty.
Any time Czar Trump is accused, he is, in fact, innocent.
The rule of law.

4 Likes

If all Barr’s magical mystery tour of evil manages to dredge up is that there were a few procedural errors committed along the way, it’s gonna take a helluva lot of spin to make that resonate with swing voters.

3 Likes

Yup. Replenishing his Thanksgiving Dinner Uncle energy.

4 Likes

Yep here we go Obama did it

21 Likes

The book was written by Alan Taylor who is the Thomas Jefferson Professor of History at UVA. Certainly isn’t being denied or buried.

4 Likes

This seems to be the crux of it:

“As a political matter, it would be difficult for many Republican senators to vote to overturn an evidentiary ruling by the Chief that is based on the law.”

I’m afraid I find Mr. Marshall shockingly naive on this point.

GOP senators would throw Roberts to the wolves in a heartbeat, as a “Deep State never-Trumper”, in their pell-mell rush to lick his boots and cower in fear of being primaried.

(And given Trump’s epic fails in Kentucky and Louisiana, tell me again why anyone fears Trump?)

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available