DOJ IG Finds FBI Lawyer May Have Altered Carter Page Surveillance Document

Albion’s Seed redux

1 Like

Low Hanging Fruit of the Poison Tree

2 Likes

You are right of course. I will speak for myself. The despair I feel in regard to the impeachment comes from a fear of what the Trump enablers will do to spin this story. As Dr. Hill said about disinformation, mixing truth with lies is more effective than a strait up lie. The tangential relation of this DOJ finding with the Carter Page/FISA story is more than enough for them to run with. The defeat or despair too is really weariness, at least on my part. I’m sick and tired of this skullbuggery day in day out. Such head games are abusive. These are psychological warfare tactics being used by the president against his own population.

5 Likes

I understand how you feel.

2 Likes

They’re already hard at work, spinning like it’s going out of style…

6 Likes

Gee, how did these same folks get “fooled” the same way 318 times this year? one theory: they weren’t “tricked” or “fooled” or “too trusting” or “too credulous” they are in on it.

5 Likes

They aren’t spinning. They’re flat out lying. The last story that I read (which I trust more than Fox News) stated that it didn’t affect the substance or the validity of the FISA application.

6 Likes

Just now update …

From the article:
In broad terms, the report refutes accusations of a political conspiracy by senior law enforcement officials against the Trump campaign to favor Democrat Hillary Clinton, while also knocking the bureau for procedural shortcomings, said the officials. On balance, they said, it provides a mixed assessment of the bureau and department’s undertaking of a probe that became highly politicized and divided the nation.

4 Likes

I was extremely upset with the early story…with nothing about the caveats that nothing was really impacted by the change…sounded so Burr like to give me flashbacks.

ETA Barr not Burr…I hate autocorrect on my phone.:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Obviously in jest, but probably not too far from the truth. Horowitz is the chief pedant of the federal government.

2 Likes

Yep. Bitter realities.:nauseated_face:

1 Like

Looks like Trump is gonna use Obama again as his sure-shot dog whistle. I’m sure his base will appreciate the reminder.

I’ll go with this.

1 Like

I saw that over at 538. Why is the support for impeachment dropping?? Especially after the stunning testimonies this week??

1 Like

Reminder: both Strzok and McCabe are currently suing DOJ.

2 Likes

How much time do you have?

2 Likes

I just don’t know anymore. I’m getting to think what time I have left would be better spent not trying to wrap my mind around the whims of voting Americans.

3 Likes

No. You’ve written what must be the opposite of what you meant: Republicans are not ABOVE it. It is not beneath them, however low, no?

1 Like

Oops. You are correct. Good thing you know what I meant :flushed:

1 Like

The really sinister part of the original reporting on the FISA warrant idiot was that the guy worked directly for/under Peter Strzok. Corrections have come out now, but that lie is already released into the wild and is being reproduced on social media like some kind of mad scientist’s algae creature.

Stuff like that reaches your average Facebook scroller and becomes a Trewth that undermines the entire factual universe surrounding these insidious “investigative questions.” Never mind that it’s WRONG, FALSE, UNTRUE, it’s nevertheless contributing to the growing miasma of people’s doubts about everything else we’re trying to make clear to the public.

It will become an article of faith that Strzok directed this guy to falsify records, and since that demon was involved, the alteration was done to gen up a supposedly bogus investigation of Carter Page, and therefore…

Jeez, I can’t go on. I just can’t believe that TRUTH means nothing anymore.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available