DOJ IG Finalizes Probe Of FISA Abuse Allegations Surrounding Surveillance Of Carter Page

The Justice Department inspector general finalized its review of Republicans’ allegations that the FBI abused FISA rules when it surveilled former President Trump campaign aide Carter Page during the 2016 election.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1248410
1 Like

It’s Horowitz.

The report will conclude that US counter-intel was at fault, rather than Carter Page.

As far as I’m concerned, Michael Horowitz is just a young Judge Ellis. Not corrupt, but perfectly happy to bend over backwards to protect the president and the GOP.

22 Likes

If Horowitz’s IG report were favorable to the Trump GOP conspiracy theory that “the deep state” targeted Carter Page, it would have immediately been released by Don the Con’s personal lawyer Bill Barr. But it hasn’t.

That’s why Don the Con, his henchmen Barr, and various GOP Trump marionettes are silent.

29 Likes

The Republicans’ grapes are so sour I can taste them from here.

28 Likes

It is also possible that it isn’t quite favorable enough . . . yet. (or should I say nyet?)

18 Likes

Oh yeah, the Steele Dossier…and…uh, Benghazi and, oh yeah her emails.

26 Likes

This was an obvious conspiracy theory from the very beginning, and when I read about the million documents and hundred interviews I have to wonder how many millions were spent to mislead fools and placate venal time-serving public disservants.

39 Likes

So far, the lackey, Horowitz’ MO is to go out of his way to find something “wrong” in order to save his job. This is not hard to do in the government, where rules, regs, SOPs abound. Some one will have submitted something too late, too soon; the wrong font was used; a signature was thought to have been backdated, etc. Horowitz will write something very stern and serious and “ shake his finger” in a kabuki show directed to the audience of one and then life will go on.

51 Likes

“The team has reviewed over one million records and conducted over 100 interviews, including several witnesses who only recently agreed to be interviewed,” Horowitz wrote.

…and which information I promptly cast aside in order to please “my favorite dictator”, he forgot to add.

Hey, how’s that McCabe indictment working out for you, you hack?

13 Likes

He’s the Bill Barr of Rod Rosensteins.

Or is it the other way? I can’t seem to get this game right.

24 Likes

Congressional Republicans, who requested the review, have long said that the FBI did not follow proper protocol because it used the Steele Dossier as part of its warrant application without disclosing the documents ties to Democratic groups.

Because justice is partisan.

13 Likes

I agree. Much like the recently issued Comey report, the IG will go out of his way chastise and smear before ultimately revealing an exoneration.

27 Likes

Ah. So it’s the ape that didn’t fling shit, is what you’re saying? Very good point.

6 Likes

…no cover sheet on the TPS reports, etc…

12 Likes

Big favorite is to say there were errors of judgment made, because FFS there are very few human endeavors since the Pleistocene that never involved any sort of judgment error.

28 Likes

When a charge is made against a Trumptard and there is solid evidence against the accused not following proper protocol proves the slimy bastard is innocent.

5 Likes

In GOP speak, that’s “lack of candor.”

8 Likes

doonesbury

8 Likes

3 Likes

… after which he would begin the process of drafting a public version of the report.

Attorney General William Barr: “That’s OK. I’ve got this.”

12 Likes