DOJ Fires Fresh Warning Shot At States Curtailing Voting Rights Or Considering MAGA Audits | Talking Points Memo

As new voter restrictions and bogus post-election “audits” sweep across the country, the Department of Justice sent a shot across the bow Wednesday, issuing two documents laying out federal law on election records and voting rights. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1382753
1 Like

“I don’t know why they’re poking their nose into that,” he said. “That’s not their jurisdiction.”

Maybe you will find out Dar.

41 Likes

I’d personally prefer carpet bombing to a warning shot, but at least we finally have a DOJ that seems to be moving in the right direction.

47 Likes

I’m happy to see this myself.

26 Likes

Attorney General Merrick Garland, who previewed the documents last month when he announced the federal lawsuit over new voting restrictions in Georgia, said the department “will not hesitate to act” if states violate federal laws meant to ensure free and fair elections.

Um, really?!?

Look what’s already happened in Georgia and Texas. Did I miss any others?

12 Likes

O you idiot.

32 Likes

Oh.

47 Likes

Perhaps because what you are doing is crooked . . . . or criminal?

24 Likes

Oh, NO!!!

16 Likes

18 Likes

Oh yes! Liz Cheney going after these two should be a sight to behold.

26 Likes

O awesome!

9 Likes

The whole “Constitutional Sheriff” thing is really dumb, and pushed by people who don’t understand the law or the Constitution (which is highly ironic since they are law officers). The jurisdiction of the DoJ is everywhere in the nation, that’s long settled, but it looks like some dumb asses are going to have to learn it all over again.

32 Likes

She’ll eat them alive!

8 Likes

‘Dar Leaf’ is what my UP Michigan born and raised Mom would call a Stump Jumper. Yup, he looks like one of those critters.

13 Likes

I want this load of dung to feel very queasy tonight. I want his insides to feel like his outsides look. Petty? Yes. I’m originally from MI, and am ashamed folks like him walk about freely

17 Likes

I second your emotion - I hate these sheriffs who have decided they have some kind of absolute power over their jurisdictions. They do not.

29 Likes

“You will not touch Arizona ballots or machines unless you want to spend time in an Arizona prison,” she wrote on Twitter.

27 Likes

Huh

40 Likes

or, we.could elect Republicans and just be done with democracy.

We are at least two votes short in the Senate. Sinems is apt to be primaried and lose since.Arizona has shown it can elect better candidates. West.Virginia is not so clear.

what we really need to do is run the table in the 2022 Senatorial contests.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available